Animal Collective

I got a chance to go see Animal Collective next month, wondering how their live act plays out to be. It's only about an hour away and fifteen bucks, so I figure as long as it's something like their albums, well worth the time and money. Anyone seen them?

I've been to one of their show and found it amusing that people could mosh to Grass. At the show I attended, Animal Collective segued songs from beginning to end to form a seamless main set. I definitely had fun as Panda Bear pounded the drum like no other bear could pound. And Geologist's miner's hat is still pretty amusing now that I think back.

I'm also taking a chance to see them at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta next month ~ They were definitely worth a listen, so I think they're definitely worth a ticket! I can't wait to see how this crazy music sounds live

• 1 month later...

I saw these guys a few weeks ago at Henry Fonda in L.A. and really enjoyed it. I'm not really into seeing knob twisters too much but these guys have something good going. Their lights went really well with their music and the guys were really entertaining. I was expecting a little more raw percussion and noise making devices but really wasn't let down too much. Their live sound is pretty intense without going overboard and lives up to the hype. I paid 30 bucks and feel good about it.