Could Wilco headline Red Rocks?

And fill it? The Fillmore capacity is 4500 and they're playing two nights. Not sure what ticket sales are yet, but neither date is sold out. Red Rocks holds 9500. If they were at Red Rocks one night this weekend, instead of two nights at the Fillmore, I wonder how full it would be?

Thoughts?

They'd probably have an almost full house. I would imagine Red Rocks is a major tourist attraction and people who are visiting go there just so they can say they've been to a concert at Red Rocks (even if they don't care about the band that's playing there).

YES

I'm not so sure. They haven't sold out this Sat. night (or Sunday night on a long weekend for most) yet. Not to say it won't sell out by Saturday, but still. I think the Fillmore holds closer to 3000 than 4500, too.

Red Rocks gets tons of great acts and concerts aren't cheap these days. People pick and choose their shows with a little more caution now. I'm not saying Wilco can't sell it out, but I'd bet they wouldn't.

they've already headlined Red Rocks, the Roots opened for them. wether or not they can sell it out is another matter.

You're right, they did. Which makes me curious that they wouldn't sell out a least one night of a smaller venue like the Fillmore. More room for me, I guess.

RR wasn't close to being full last time they headlined there. When the Rocky Mountain News published their summer concert schedule in late spring it had Wilco slated late summer for a show at RR with the date to be announced, evidentally it didn't pan out. In a way I'm glad, the last time they headlined RR it didn't go over too well IMO. It was a good show and the band played great but it didn't seem like they had the 'fire power' to be heard over the crowd. I sat towards the middle about 35 rows up and you could hear people 5 rows away talking about how the band should turn up. It doesn't look like they will be selling out either night at the Fillmore either, ebay and craigslist is full of people selling tix at half of face.

i would rather see wilco at the fillmore than red rocks any day of the week. but could they fill RR? i think it's likely.

Not me, I hate the Fillmore. Actually I'm not fond of any GA venue where you have to fight to keep your place all night. That and RR has those awesome Finlandia Vodka lemonade stands.

i think i'm just used to GA only venues...pretty much everything in austin is like that. i saw rodrigo y gabriela/gomez/robert randolph at the fillmore last year and i really liked it! the only thing i didn't like about that place was having to wait for the crew to finish loading/unloading equipment so i could get through to go to the bathroom.

stefanie: Besides the restrooms behind the stage (particularly the Ladies Room by the load in/out door) there's a Ladies Room towards the back by the first set of VIP stairs to your left as you walk into the Fillmore, too.

Red Rocks is great because it's Red Rocks but the sound can be an issue, as noted earlier. The Fillmore has great sound no matter where in the place you are. There's also plenty of room on the floor towards the back and sides where you don't have to fight for positioning and will have room to boogie, as well as easy access to beverages and bathrooms.

I enjoy the Fillmore.

yeah, i knew about those restrooms but it was closer for me to go to the ones by the stage. i didn't know it was going to take FOREVER though. after waiting for a few minutes i decided to keep waiting because i didn't think it could be that much longer. needless to say, i won't be waiting for those restrooms again if i ever go back to the fillmore!