any uk in here????????

Hello Matt,

Welcome to Via Chicago. I'm fairly new here myself. But some one took the time to say hey on my first post, so I'm paying it forward.

I'm not from the UK but Turner is an English last name (i think). I have, however played with some good musicians from your neck of the woods.

---- cheers

Hello and welcome!

There's a couple of us Brits around here! Which UK shows are you going to? My ticket has arrived for the Brixton date - really looking forward to that.

Hello,another Brit here,been a fan since I saw Uncle Tupelo at the old Mean Fiddler in London back in 1992,anyone else here at that show?

Looking forward to the Brixton show too,great place to see gigs,missed the Shepards Bush Empire shows but that great sbd matrix of the recent Portland show doing the rounds has really wet my whistle!

Another Rich

I'm a UK too ... not sure if I'm going to Brixton - wasn't impressed with the last album and the Shepherds Bush show left me a bit cold too - but I'm sure I'll be tempted nearer the date

anyone going to see Son Volt at the Luminaire? - I've never seen them before but quite tempted 'cos its a lovely venue

dom

Count me in!

I missed the Nottingham show on the ghost tour, so now I'm doing all I can to make the Newcastle date.

Nice to see more Northerners popping up round here! :cheers

I missed the Nottingham show on the ghost tour

Rock City, wasn't it? Can't believe I missed that one.

Rock City was the scene of many of my early experiences of live music (we're talking Anthrax/Magnum/Dogs D'Amour calibre here - though I did see Steve Earle there too). Also memorable for the night that me and a schoolfriend went over, from Lincoln, to see some 80's metal band and told our parents we were staying at a slightly older friend's university digs, but actually spent the night locked in Nottingham train station :D

Rock City, wasn't it?

Yeah, Rock City, great venue!

And speaking of Lincoln, that's where I was living at the time. Man, if I knew I could have crashed at the station things may have worked out better... could have slept in the photo booth! Once woke a bloke up in the one at Carlisle station, he wasn't too displeased when he realised I actually did want to use the machine and not just steal his bed!

And speaking of Lincoln, that's where I was living at the time. Man, if I knew I could have crashed at the station things may have worked out better... could have slept in the photo booth!

Small world (but I wouldn't want to paint it). Lincoln is my hometown. Don't know if you could have stayed in the station overnight by the time of the Wilco gig, it was 1986 when I did it (and don't think we were really supposed to be there then).

Just thought I'd add some info about the Newcastle date for anyone who's not aware. The gig at Newcastle Academy on Saturday 3rd November is an early show (my ticket states doors open at 18:30 and a 22:00 curfew). This is because the Academy runs a popular club night on Saturdays and this will be taking place as usual after 22:00.

Also, the tour ad that appears in the latest issue of Word magazine states there will be no support act for the Newcastle date - presumably to assist the punctual running of the show.

Hope that's useful to someone. Personally, it's a good thing for me, with it being a Saturday we can catch the train in, have some drinks prior to the show, then catch the last train/bus home.

I'm from Scotland and have been lucky enough to see Wilco 4 times already this year in Paris, Ghent, Amsterdam and at Indian Summer in Glasgow. Got tickets for Newcastle and both Dublin shows in November also. I'm about to sell the house and the wife to pay for any other future tours in 2008...

So yeh - been on this forum for a while - like the feedback from all over the world.