White Stripes cancel ACL gig

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just coming to post about this! rodrigo y gabriela have canceled as well. booo!

but i guess now this solves my problem of trying to decide between the white stripes and arcade fire at the festival.

but i guess now this solves my problem of trying to decide between the white stripes and arcade fire at the festival.

Yeah, and now I only miss Arcade Fire to go see Dylan at Stubbs. What's with the night shows, anyway? Why are the doors for Stubbs at 8pm if Arcade Fire will be playing at the festival at that time? I am an ACL noob, but it seems silly to do it this way. Is this how it always works? Or can I get to Stubbs later?

yeah, they're not really "after shows" because they start while the festival is still going on. if the doors are at 8 then i would presume music is at 9 and there isn't an opener listed. but i don't know why it is so early. maybe bob has an early bedtime.

yeah, they're not really "after shows" because they start while the festival is still going on. if the doors are at 8 then i would presume music is at 9 and there isn't an opener listed. but i don't know why it is so early. maybe bob has an early bedtime.

Dang nabbit. :ohwell

Thanks, though.

Seeing my main man Bob Dylan at a 2000 person GA venue seems like once in a lifetime opportunity to get up close and personal. But leaving a festival that I bought tickets to seems silly. Especially when I think that I will be standing at the show pre-Dylan waiting for him to come out, while other bands are kicking ass at the festival. Ugh. This is a good problem to have, yes, I know, but a frustrating one too.

Rats.

Seeing my main man Bob Dylan at a 2000 person GA venue seems like once in a lifetime opportunity to get up close and personal. But leaving a festival that I bought tickets to seems silly. Especially when I think that I will be standing at the show pre-Dylan waiting for him to come out, while other bands are kicking ass at the festival. Ugh. This is a good problem to have, yes, I know, but a frustrating one too.

Rats.

i was told the noise curfew was later on the weekends. i've definitely been at shows at stubb's on a saturday that went well past 11. probably close to 1.

Iam pretty sure about the curfew. Its been in affect for at least two or three years. Its been at least that long since I saw a show at Stubbs (outside not inside) go past 11. Both Wilco and Son Volt have played weekend shows in the last two years and both ended right at or before 11.

In regards to the Dylan show. Another thing that will suck about this show is that all tickets are having to be picked up at Will Call. Talk about a clusterfu#@.

In regards to the Dylan show. Another thing that will suck about this show is that all tickets are having to be picked up at Will Call. Talk about a clusterfu#@.

totally. I bought 3 tix in total (1 for a friend) and I already envision an argument about when we leave the festival to wait in line at stubbs. Boo, hiss.

Thanks peeps. And sorry to hijack this thread...

you'll probably need to email stubbs or frontgate tickets with that question. or if you wait, i'm sure they'll make some sort of announcement about it. i'm sure they're trying to fill sunday night at stubb's as well as the festival time slot that the stripes left open.

The White Stripes announced today that they are canceling their forthcoming tour due to health issues. Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time.

The White Stripes sincerely apologize to their fans.

"We hate to let people down and are very sorry."

Fans can obtain refunds for their tickets at point of purchase.

Dates affected:

9/13/07 Albuquerque, NM @ Kiva Auditorium

9/15/07 Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits Festival

9/16/07 Austin, TX @ Stubbs Bar-B-Q

9/18/07 San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre

9/19/07 Inglewood, CA @ The Forum

9/21/07 Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre

9/24/07 Anchorage, AK @ George M. Sullivan Sports Arena

9/26/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom

9/27/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom

9/28/07 Boise, ID @ Idaho Center Theater

9/29/07 Salt Lake City, UT @ The E Center

9/30/07 Jackson Hole, WY @ Snowking Center

10/2/07 Rapid City, SC @ Rushmore Plaza Civic Center

10/3/07 Fargo, ND @ Fargo Civic Auditorium

10/4/07 Lincoln, NE @ Pershing Center Auditorium

10/6/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

10/7/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

10/10/07 Honolulu, HI @ Neal S. Blaisdell Center

:ohwell :ohwell :ohwell

This is an interesting development. But isn't it a bit of an overreaction to be suggesting the band is dead forever already?

I dont think so - there were mullings this was the end with a new raconteurs album and this big lets go everywhere on earth and play on busses tour... i think icky thump being made surprised people. Im new-er to following this band but as it may be a knee jerk reaction i am worried its a total possibility...

just because they've canceled a tour doesn't mean anything about the future of the band. i mean, it's a total possibility for any band to break up any day, but i hope we don't all sit around freaking out about that. i know i don't.