White Stripes cancel ACL gig

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was told the noise curfew was later on the weekends. i've definitely been at shows at stubb's on a saturday that went well past 11. probably close to 1.

Yeah - when did the weekend curfew start? I've been at Stubb's watching shows as late as 2am on Sunday morning ... Galactic and the Roots come to mind.

Anyone else feel that ACL should fill their cancelled headliner with a equally awesome replacement?

Hopefully the schedule spread for Sat at the At&T stage leaves an opening for a last minute suprise. :pray

I hear Neil Young is available and has a new record coming out... :rock

I guess whats really surprising, is there is no mention about eventually going back on tour or any hope whatsoever for future dates. Sucks. :ohwell All the best to Meg though.

As of now, their UK tour (scheduled for after the canceled dates) is still on. That could change of course.

Says the Pitchfork article:

once again, Pitchfork = way behind

The White Stripes have canceled all remaining tour dates through the end of the year, this includes all dates in the UK this Fall. They thank you for your understanding and well wishes.

Fans can obtain refunds for their tickets at point of purchase, except for Austin City Limits Festival which is nonrefundable due to it being a festival. If you purchased your tickets for any of the canceled shows via a fan pre-sale on the band

I guess whats really surprising, is there is no mention about eventually going back on tour or any hope whatsoever for future dates. Sucks. :ohwell All the best to Meg though.
well, if she is suffering from acute anxiety, there isn't really any way of knowing when she'll be better, so I imagine for everyone's sake (especially Meg's) the best option is to cancel everything for the foreseeable future to take away any possibility of stress.i was looking forward to seeing them and Wilco within a few days of each other in London, they're the only 2 contempary acts I'm that interested in. let's hope she gets better sooner rather than later
  • 2 weeks later...