White Stripes cancel ACL gig

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Citizens of Earth,

Unless you are a trained, paid professional and are making a career out of it - DON'T FILM YOURSELF HAVING SEX... EVER!!!! Who knew that Andy Warhol was so right. Even if you aren't famous yet, that naughty bit you did could make you so.

As for Meg, I can't obviously don't know what her relationship is with Capt. Trustworthy there in the video, but if this guy screamed out, 'I'm downloading this ASAP!'

I don't understand why everyone thinks this is the end oftheband.

The girl is probably a bit embarrsed and doesn't feel like going out in public. I'm sure they will be back.

I don't understand why everyone thinks this is the end of the band.

Yeah, I don't get this mentality either.

The girl is probably a bit embarrsed and doesn't feel like going out in public. I'm sure they will be back.

"Mortified" and "violated" probably more accurately reflect how a person would feel in this situation. Vibes to Meg in these difficult times...

who is pitchfork to say it isnt meg?? when it comes to sex tapes your guilty until proven innocent.

i could care less who the fuck it is. More importantly is pitchforks sentiment of get on with your lives.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

i could care less who the fuck it is. More importantly is pitchforks sentiment of get on with your lives.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

clearly the people talking about it, as someone missing out on what would have been an amazing show -possibly because of this. As someone interested in music who follows bands, who follows THIS band.. I care, I question pitchfork only because they simply said it wasnt her but didnt explain how they really got to that conclusion or offer and explanation.

but i guess who the fuck cares answers my question... they should have a forum dedicated to people who just say who the fuck cares back and forth

Official statement from the White Stripes publicist:

"Some people have a very twisted sense of humor and this prank is in particularly bad taste. The tape circulating on the internet as featuring Meg White is fake. It's definitely not Meg."

The girl in the video kinda looks like Meg, but I seriously doubt it's her. However, I do think the "acute anxiety" excuse was a fake one...