Southaven, MS 9/13

Shot In the Arm (Jeff told the security guards to let us up front. We ended up in the front row in front of Nels)

Side With Seeds

You Are My Face

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Pot Kettle Black

War On War

Shake It Off

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Far Apart

Jesus Etc.

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

On and On and On

-----------------

Heavy Metal Drummer

Red Eyed and Blue

I've Got You

California Stars

Box Full of Letters (Jody played drums)

Late Greats

----------------

Via Chicago

Spiders (Kidsmoke) Jeff said we were much better than his hometown crowd last night.

Box Full of Letters (Jody played drums)

Jody being Jody Stephens of Big Star/Golden Smog fame, of course. A Memphis legend. That was the biggest highlight of the night for me. He also played a tambourine on California Stars, prior to taking over the drums for Box Full of Letters. Jeff kind of struggled with the lyrics a couple of times, but Jody sounded excellent throughout. It was a good song for him to do. :thumbup

Also, Jeff mentioned in passing how Jody and Glenn sort of looked alike and Glenn did a brief pose over Jody's shoulder before relinquishing the kit to him. Definitely an endearing moment. :yes

Aw, PigSooie, you beat me to posting the setlist. The show was incredible, despite the drizzle. The band seemed really happy, animated. Did y'all already mention the idiot who made it up on stage (and was whisked off by security)? Tweedy shook the security dude's hand right after the show. Earlier in the night Tweedy invited everyone down to the front but warned them not to get on the stage.

Austin, TX is going to love it when they break out the older tunes. They're playing with plenty of energy and enthusiasm. I thought the Ryman show last year was my best Wilco show ever, but this one was so much fun. They've really hit their stride.

Jody being Jody Stephens of Big Star/Golden Smog fame, of course. A Memphis legend. That was the biggest highlight of the night for me. He also played a tambourine on California Stars, prior to taking over the drums for Box Full of Letters. Jeff kind of struggled with the lyrics a couple of times, but Jody sounded excellent throughout. It was a good song for him to do. :thumbup

Also, Jeff mentioned in passing how Jody and Glenn sort of looked alike and Glenn did a brief pose over Jody's shoulder before relinquishing the kit to him. Definitely an endearing moment. :yes

man, that's really cool. i wish i could have seen jody play with jeff and the boys.

Box Full Of Letters!!!!

Thats incredible. They havent played that as a full band in quite some time. Hopefully tonite is as good. I have never seen Wilco in Dallas, so Iam a little nervous that it might have too much of an LA vibe going on. But hopefully not. Austin is really going to miss out on Wilco not playing a full set show this year, but something tells me they will still play a good amount of oldies at the festival on sunday.

Was it some two drummer action on Box or what did Glenn do? I'm going to start drooling when I hear it was some two-drummer action....

As far as I could see, Glenn took a well-deserved break and left that one to Mr. Stephens. :thumbup

Outstanding show! I thought it was better than the last time they came to the Memphis area. The last show was more of a spectacle with the video screen in the backgroung, but this show topped it for performance, song list and overall vibe. The band was either really into it, or they've gotten really good at acting like they're into it. I thought the crowd was great, cheering the new stuff and the old and I think the band appreciated us standing in the rain and giving them such a warm reception.

I was also glad Jody Stephens got such a loud welcome. Jeff introduced him as a member of rock-n-roll royalty. The band cheered him onstage and Glenn even bowed down to Jody. I thought that was really cool. Seeing him behind the kit for "Box Full Of Letters" was another highlight. And for whoever asked before, it was just Jody drumming and Glenn watched from behind. I don't really know what else to say about the show. Everyone who has seen Wilco perform knows how great their shows can be and this one was masterfully planned (songlist) and executed (performance). You can't ask for any more.

:thumbup

The show last night was simply incredible. About half way through, the focus was completely on the music. All the chatter stopped, and everyone seemed to be hanging on each note and lyric. I was thrilled when they played Too Far Apart. Spiders was amazing...despite the fact that the crowd completely lost the beat, it was still awesome. What a jam!

All those who went had a great time. There wasn't a single person not dancing their ass off and singing along!

Thanks to Wilco!

Well, I was an hour late to the show. Got stuck working my sales route, had to drive from 5 hours away. My mom had bought me 4th row seats for my birthday, so I took a friend, his second. As the other's stated, the vibe was raw and real. The sound was great, we heard Jesus Etc from 3 miles away while trying to locate the venue. California Stars made it worth it all. Hate I missed alot of the new stuff. My only gripe was having to pay to park, and the beer vendor shut down right as I walked up. Small gripes. I'm really thankful they keep making Miss tour stops. I caught both last year. I hope we get one more later on, maybe the Temple again? I didn't see any taper's, was anyone putting it to disc?

This was my first show and I have to say that it was amazing. Too Far Apart was entirely awesome. My brother was also there with me for his first show and we've been looking for it online somewhere. I didn't see any tapers either but, PigSooie if you get the show, please put it up somewhere.

This was my first show and I have to say that it was amazing. Too Far Apart was entirely awesome. My brother was also there with me for his first show and we've been looking for it online somewhere. I didn't see any tapers either but, PigSooie if you get the show, please put it up somewhere.

I haven't heard anything yet, but it hasn't even been a week.