Pittsburgh Roll Call!

Wilco, October 19th, AJ Palumbo Center.

I can't wait, I nearly flipped a car when this date was announced (I go to college at Duquesne University)

Is anyone coming?

If so are you taping?

If not, what are the general do's and don'ts for taping at a Wilco show? Will I have to be covert? Am I risking my taping material?

I'll be there! I'm driving down from Buffalo, does anyone have any recommendations for cheap places to stay?

Who's opening? I thought it would be Dr. Dog, but if Andrew Bird is opening, that is awesome and I will be that much more excited!

Have people received their Pittsburgh pre-sale tickets yet?? I haven't.

Did you order from Music Today? If so, check your receipt, the only option I was given was will call.

Hey Guys! This is my first post on the board. I have been a Wilco fan for a long time, but chose to remain as a lurker on the board. Finally got the courage to post though, so again Hello to all! My buddy and I will be headed down for the Palumbo show, and we were just wondering if there were any cool bars within walking distance of the venue to grab a bite to eat and catch a little buzz. We didn't want to get caught up in that whole Friday 'Burgh club scene, so does anyone have any recommendations? Any of you guys planning on meeting at a bar before the show? Glad to finally post, and can't wait for this show! We caught them last year at St Vincent, first time for both of us, and we were blown away. Thanks!!

Not a regular here, but I figured I would chime in for some of the questions. I'll be at the show too. I'm a Duquesne grad (2000).

There are some hotels that are within walking distance (closer to the Mellon Arena) but you'll probably pay a little bit more because you are in town. If you're coming from Buffalo, I reckon you'll be coming down I-79. About 20-30 minutes north of the city is the Wexford exit. There is a cheap Econo Lodge or something there.

There are a bunch of bars within walking distance from the Palumbo. Most of them are not your typical club/dance place. Just a small little bar with bar food, etc. Most of them are down one street and around the corner.

Really looking forward to the show. Hoping Company In My Back shows up in the set.

I'm thinking seriously about coming up, although it would be the first show I've ever gone to by myself. I would be coming from Virginia ( going to the show in C'ville on the 20th).

Can someone tell me what part of town Duquesne is? I want to get a Priceline quote for someplace nearby. Thanks.

Also how is the arena? Are the sightlines pretty good from anywhere on the first level?

Thanks again.

I'm thinking seriously about coming up, although it would be the first show I've ever gone to by myself. I would be coming from Virginia ( going to the show in C'ville on the 20th).

Can someone tell me what part of town Duquesne is? I want to get a Priceline quote for someplace nearby. Thanks.

Also how is the arena? Are the sightlines pretty good from anywhere on the first level?

Thanks again.

check out this thread for some info on the Palumbo

it used to be one of the worst places in the 'burgh to see a show. apparently they've made some improvements, but I'm not sure if I believe it.

If not, what are the general do's and don'ts for taping at a Wilco show? Will I have to be covert? Am I risking my taping material?

"wilco does permit audio taping and trading of live performances wherever it does not conflict with venue or other restrictions beyond our control. we do not allow direct soundboard patches. we also do not allow videotaping. wilco supports the free trading of live recordings for non-commercial purposes."

just call the venue before to make sure they dont care, i cant see why they would.