Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, so, consider a situation in which your child has been kidnapped and buried in a box with two hours of oxygen. The kidnapper refuses to disclose its location. would you consider torture in that situation?

can you admit a distinction or is there not one?

The truth El, if I were in the exact situation as you

I have found torture* to be a reliable method for getting me to detail the contents of phone conversations I've had with family members while in the same room with the wife, clean the kitty litter box and all other sorts of activities I'd rather avoid.

*torture defined as "nagging by the wife"

about as likely as having to make a choice to save either a petri dish full of embryos or a grown baby from a burning building?

I was using that as an anology - but, every time I try to point something out using that method, well, you look only at my finger.

I have found torture* to be a reliable method for getting me to detail the contents of phone conversations I've had with family members while in the same room with the wife, clean the kitty litter box and all other sorts of activities I'd rather avoid.

*torture defined as "nagging by the wife"

That has to be my least favorite

not that I disagree as a whole by any means, but what did the experts say was more reliable?

Questioning, questioning and more questioning, I think - classic police interrogation methods. Asking again and again, so as to sort the truth from the misinformation the suspect will try to put out. It takes skill and patience. Purple nurples are against the Geneva Convention.

Questioning, questioning and more questioning, I think - classic police interrogation methods. Asking again and again, so as to sort the truth from the misinformation the suspect will try to put out. It takes skill and patience. Purple nurples are against the Geneva Convention.

What you need to do is get Danny Glover and Mel Gibson in there

I was using that as an anology - but, every time I try to point something out using that method, well, you look only at my finger.

Okay, going back to my original point, it just seemed funny that you would call a guy a douchebag that is using similar arguments to justify a position. Both analogies or examples or whatever you want to call them, seem to pull away from the actual debate at hand and cloud any ability to have intellectual discourse.

Carry on. :monkey

What you need to do is get Danny Glover and Mel Gibson in there

in the charlie rose interview, despite the usual dodging of direct questions, ahmadinejad (I haven't yet gotten used to typing that) did pose some interesting questions and points in response, however lacking in factual/evidentiary background they may have been. the guy knows how to keep his cool in an interview (as opposed to coming off like a wildass islamic extremist)

in the charlie rose interview, despite the usual dodging of direct questions, ahmadinejad (I haven't yet gotten used to typing that) did pose some interesting questions and points in response, however lacking in factual/evidentiary background they may have been. the guy knows how to keep his cool in an interview (as opposed to coming off like a wildass islamic extremist)

Let's not forget, this man is a politician. A crazy one for sure, but he knows how to play the game.

It wouldn't matter how thoroughly someone explained it, I simply can't understand how someone could POSSIBLY believe the Holocaust was a hoax. That'd be like saying slavery in the United States was a hoax - it's just ignorant and racist (though, technically, Jews aren't a race - that's a myth propagated by Christians in the Middle Ages and carried over by the Nazi's in order to dehumanize the Jews. It is true that most Jews are of Arab descent, but they don't have certain genes that qualify them as "Jewish". Just FYI.).

~Cally~

Online Psychology