Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious about this assertion. Dershowitz came and spoke at my law school when I was a student and I found him to have an incredibly sharp mind and encyclopedic knowledge of jurisprudence and history, even if I don't agree with him on every issue. did he steal your lunch money?

No, but, Mr. Dershowitz successfully sued to have me removed from my lunch money. It was a rather unpleasant experience that left a bad taste in my mouth, mostly on account of the loss of my aforementioned lunch money

For a second I thought this was the name of the BU hockey player who was paralyzed on the ice and I wondered where you were going with it.

Slightly off-topic...I once sprained the crap out of my groin while playing broom ball on that rink. Mike Eruzione watched us play and laughed.

I wasn't aware of this. I was a fan of his pro bono work with wrongfully-accused minorities and his take on various constitutional law issues while in law school ('94-'97). Haven't really read anything of his since then. where has he accused "anyone who has even the slightest sympathy for the Palestinians plight" anti-semitic?

Mr. Dershowitz, and others, have created an atmosphere in which one must preface criticism of Israel with the assertion that one is not an anti-semite. Which, from an uninformed publics perspective, makes any sort of criticism relating to Israeli policies tantamount to racism, the result being that one must continually backpedal and reassure that one is not, in fact, anti-semetic in any way. Mr. Dershowitz has continually charged Noam Chomsky (and others.) of being a

For a second I thought this was the name of the BU hockey player who was paralyzed on the ice and I wondered where you were going with it.

Travis Roy...I grew up playing ice hockey. The "bright side" :mellow of that tragedy is that it made for a greatly increased awareness of how dangerous and possible spinal/neck injuries can be.

Sorry....a little off topic.

Mr. Dershowitz, and others, have created an atmosphere in which one must preface criticism of Israel with the assertion that one is not an anti-semite. Which, from an uninformed publics perspective, makes any sort of criticism relating to Israeli policies tantamount to racism, the result being that one must continually backpedal and reassure that one is not, in fact, anti-semetic in any way. Mr. Dershowitz has continually charged Noam Chomsky (and others.) of being a
kind of like stating that anybody that tazes somebody for resisting arrest is homophobic?

as far as the douchebag thing, i'm trying to figure out if it's okay to call him that because he's a public figure who rules of common courtesy don't apply or that it's just okay to call somebody names as long as they don't see you doing it. either way kind of makes you sound like a pussy. (NOTE: I said SOUND like a pussy versus you ARE a pussy...that'll be the next post).

Ummmm....ok...are you some sort of human-mosquito hybrid of some sort?

There's nothing like a UN visit from an axis of evil leader to get the self-loathing jew debate going. :D

Sarchi,

a self loathing jew, sometimes

(btw, I think it was Woody Allen that coined that term...or was it about him? I can't remember)