Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. (ie: his little "seminar" on how the Holocaust was a hoax.)

I think the point is that this subject can't even be discussed in the US because of tactical outrage from jewish groups.

I think the point is that this subject can't even be discussed in the US because of tactical outrage from jewish groups.

Wait, isn't he speaking at Columbia University? What the hell are you talking about?

And what is "tactical outrage"? People protesting this dirtbag?

I think he's trying to rehash a discussion that should have happened 50 years ago.

"tactical outrage"/"hypersensitivity" is what Aricandover just participated in by saying "there's nothing to discuss. The matter shouldn't even be up for debate." Before this thread dies I'm sure someone will call me antisemitic.

At least he has the balls to come here and say what he believes.

I think he's trying to rehash a discussion that should have happened 50 years ago.

"tactical outrage"/"hypersensitivity" is what Aricandover just participated in by saying "there's nothing to discuss. The matter shouldn't even be up for debate." Before this thread dies I'm sure someone will call me antisemitic.

How's that - you don't know me or my beliefs regarding this matter.

Why are you beating around the bush? What matter or issue needs to be discussed?

He's not talking about the holocaust at Columbia.

Clearly this guy is a nutjob, but I think this appearance at Columbia is being blown way out of proportion. A New York state legislator wants to cut off some funding for the university because of it. What kind of bullshit is that? I mean, yeah, he's got some deplorable things to say, but what's the harm in letting him speak? Are we so sensitive that we cannot even allow someone to speak if they may say something that we deem to be wrong?

The fact is, this whole controversy is being drummed up by the neo-cons who are beating the war drums to attack Iran. They're framing him as the head of an enemy state, when the fact of the matter is that we are not at war with Iran, and that this guy is not nearly as powerful as they are hyping him up to be (yeah, he's the President, but the President of Iran does not have the same sort of power as the President of the United States -- for example, he is not the commander in chief of their military).

Totally a scumbag, but let's keep this stuff in perspective. It's just a speech. And pointing out how crazy this guy is does nothing to convince me that allowing him to speak is some sort of travesty.