The National Live - Should I Stay or Go?

Definately worth seeing once if you've never seen them before. I was pretty obsessed with them for a while when Alligator first came out and saw about 6 shows in a year but now I've become a bit bored with them recently and have missed their last couple of shows,I wasn't completely bowled over by Boxer either.

Having said that they usually put on a good show and the lead singer can be pretty fun to watch so I'd say go and give it a go!

I vote go! I saw them in Milwaukee last Friday, and it was one of the better shows of my year. Lots of highlights, especially the epic version of "About Today," which concluded with a crunching blast of guitar impressionism. I didn't much care for St. Vincent, though--she was too precious, too reliant on cluttered effects and a juvenile slashing aggression. (Am I alone on that? I'll concede that her record sounds much better, at least.)

I saw them this saturday and they definitely are worth checking out. I felt the main guys vocals didn't work as well live as they do on the records, they were almost TOO deep. But it worked, and I love Boxer AND Alligator (don't have anything else), so I had a blast.

And St. Vincent is one of those people that fits the double bill of great artist and smokin' hot. I dug her "I dig a pony" cover, as well as the stuff off "Marry Me"

most definitely worth seeing live...

but if you're not too big on Alligator and don't even have Boxer, you may not like it...

that's what I was gonna say. I loved their show, but Ii love the band, so...

I didn't much care for St. Vincent, though--she was too precious, too reliant on cluttered effects and a juvenile slashing aggression. (Am I alone on that? I'll concede that her record sounds much better, at least.)

I didn't care for her album the first couple times I listened to it. I was able to appreciate it MORE after I saw her live.

Not only is St. Vincent hot, but she has a fantastic voice. Her solo shows, however, leave a lot to the imagination. The effects tend to distort her voice and overwhelm the songs.

depends on the night. i've seen her do a great solo show and 2 so-so ones.

both times i've seen with with a band though she's been fantastic