Heroes Season 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup Yup I agree, Sylar and Nathan Pertrelli should be DEAD. Annoying. I hope they actually kill off the Dad with glasses to make up for it.

I would rather they kill off Nikki/Jessica, because I like Mr. Bennett and I DON'T like her. But the city didn't end up blowing up, and Dad won't get killed, in my opinion.

As we expected, they are too chicken to kill off popular characters when they kill them. Fun episode though.

At this point in time they have 2 easy ways of bringing back ANY character that dies.

1. Claire/Adam's blood.

2. Peter/Hiro Timetravelling

How am I supposed to fear for the main characters lives when anyone can and does rise from the dead?!

I had to hold off reading this thread due to PST, but after watching this week's Heroes via DVR, it seemed like an apology to viewers. No "wonder twins" (wow, they are so annoying, I really hope Sylar kills them just to finish their storyline), Issac's paintings didn't fail although there were some cop-outs to make them happen, Hiro realizes the whole time/space issue with changing the past, and Claire is doomed to become like Adam if she keeps cutting off her toes ;)

However, I think it's a total cop-out that major characters cannot be killed off -- Noah Bennett should have died, but because of Claire, he's alive. I like his character because he's a contradiction, but please, let a major character die (ie, not Hiro's dad aka Sulu). Take a note from Joss Whedon, when you care about characters and they can die, and do, it's more personal and the story is better.

Season 1 was fun because it was new and shiny (ok, sorry for the Whedon reference there...). But, then I realized it's just X-Men repackaged, and X-Men is better. I just watch Season 2 because I've invested the time and want to see the resolution. Count me in the camp of waiting for Lost to return, with all its flaws, at least it isn't stealing from a comic/movie series, and it lets characters die as they should. And as soon as Whedon returns to TV with Dollhouse, count me in for all the doomed episodes :)

here's an interview with Heroes co-executive producer Jeph Loeb http://media.libsyn.com/media/wordballoon/...bheroes1119.mp3

here're some highlights, He goes into a lot more detail about everything in the interview, so it's worth listening to if you can find some headphones or speakers:

- The future of Heroes Chronicles is completely up in the air, nobody knows if it will be started up again. They had several scripts about ready to turn in, but when the writers strike hit, the higher ups decided to just hold off on it and not make a decision yet about whether to go forward at all or not. Loeb says he understands, it's a major investment to start a spin off of the show.

- Heroes Chronicles was never supposed to be a way for viewers to choose who gets added to the regular Heroes cast. Loeb says that was a misunderstanding about the show. It was just supposed to be an anthology show with one-off episodes. It would have allowed various creators like Kevin Smith to dabble in the Heroes world without being tied in to the big plotlines. It would have had some funny episodes, some adventurous episodes, and generally have allowed for an anthology-like way to tell a variety of stories focusing on individuals with power.

- With talks resuming between the WGA and the studios on the 26th, the strike could be resolved soon. He doesn't think the studios would want to talk if they didn't have a deal to offer. So by the time that episode 11 of Heroes airs (the end of this volume), everyone could be called back to work. However, they were supposed to start writing the next volume weeks ago, so there will definitely be a delay. The original plan was that the second half of this season, volume 3, would start in January. The delay will be longer than that, so Heroes and every other show will have to worry about getting the audience back when they start up again.

The TPB for the Heroes webcomics is coming out soon. It's over 300 pages (I forget exactly how many) for $25. 70% is being recolored for print. Loeb thinks it turned out to be really great. He sounded very proud of the people who worked on it.

I thought that for an episode that is apparently second to last in a story arc, almost nothing at all happened. We've got one less wondertwin to worry about i guess, and it seems like the second one might not be that far away, though perhaps she's the virus that destroys 97% of the world when she finds out her brother is dead, and its not the one in Odessa, Texas...bum bum BUM.

I also don't understand why they showed us that Mr. Bennett was alive at the end of the last episode. If they had done it at the end of this episode, it would have been much more shocking, and would have made the funeral/Claire's emotions mean something real, instead of just kind of feeling pointless. Is the New Orlean's plot connected at all to anything? Are they going to play it both ways with Time Travel - saying it messes up the space time continuum but letting hiro do it whenever he wants anyway?

I dunno guys, but I'll still watch next week's episode.

• 3 months later...

Way late but what the heck....

Four episodes into the second series, what in the name of the baby cheesus is going on with Peter in Cork? :omg

What cretin authorised this shambles? Terrible, terrible accents. Worst I have ever heard. Scenes taking place in the only bar in Ireland that has NO clientele. Security guards with guns!! Even the cops here don't carry guns. Cringeworthy and just so, so bad.