an ounce of a vibe request...

That's as good news as you can hope for, Mart. I'm so glad to hear that she'll be able to stay in her home. I think that makes things tremendously easier for everyone including Dottie to deal with.

Continued vibes for strength to you all. :cheekkiss

Just a note to let you know that Dottie passed away last night at 8pm. Oddly enough, Patti was the only person with her when she died. Patti got there about 1/2 hour beforehand, and all the other family folks who were there all day ran out for a bite. Patti fed her an ice pop, and then Dottie's breathing pattern changed. The caregiver said something to the effect of, "this is it...", and Patti told Dottie all of the wonderful things you'd expect someone like Patti to say as she passed.

Thanks again for the good wishes.

All my best wishes for peace and much comfort in the days ahead to you, Patti, and the family.

Just a note to let you know that Dottie passed away last night at 8pm. Oddly enough, Patti was the only person with her when she died. Patti got there about 1/2 hour beforehand, and all the other family folks who were there all day ran out for a bite. Patti fed her an ice pop, and then Dottie's breathing pattern changed. The caregiver said something to the effect of, "this is it...", and Patti told Dottie all of the wonderful things you'd expect someone like Patti to say as she passed.

Thanks again for the good wishes.

I know there's obviously pain for Patti and her family, but it sounds like that's about as good a way to go as there could have been. Give P our love, Mart...:yes

My condolences.

thanks all... we buried Dottie today, but had a wonderful, very personal and somewhat humorous funeral mass at Our Lady of Angels in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Patti and her cousin Frankie delivered fantastic eulogies, and I got to sing and play "The Last Mile of the Way" by the Soul Stirrers during communion. There were lots of laughs and lots of tears as you'd expect. She'll be cremated and interred in her family plot in Greenwood Cemetery next Tuesday.

Still in a very numb state of denial that she is no longer in the world. This too shall pass.