• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:badger :bee

(that's my "old" man and me)

Wilco kicks Elton's ass.

I'll be there with friends and family.

Anyone know if GA ticket holders can get close to the stage? 75 dollar VIP tickets were offered....but I think it's mainly for easy bar access. It would suck if paying big bucks is the only for us big-time Wilco fans to get by the stage.

Gonna be fun. Can't wait.

Wilco kicks Elton's ass.

Anyone know if GA ticket holders can get close to the stage? 75 dollar VIP tickets were offered....but I think it's mainly for easy bar access. It would suck if paying big bucks is the only for us big-time Wilco fans to get by the stage.

Yes. There is a VIP area in front of the stage. :hmm

Well, in that case, I am going to do the crocodile rock.

You're going to see Elton instead?

On the way up from Little Rock to Columbia a couple of weeks ago, we had to make the choice between the Baldknobbers in Branson or Wilco. It was a tough call.

I mean, it turned out OK I guess.

:lol

Yeah, I guess so. :mellow

:heehee

I'm a little bummed about this VIP thing the more I think about it. Maybe I should quit thinking about it. :thumbup :hmm

I wonder how far back us peasants will be from the stage then?

You're going to see Elton instead?

On the way up from Little Rock to Columbia a couple of weeks ago, we had to make the choice between the Baldknobbers in Branson or Wilco. It was a tough call.

I mean, it turned out OK I guess.

:lol

You have totally outsarcasmed me. Good work. Hell yes, i am going to Wilco.

Yeah, I guess so. :mellow

:heehee

I'm a little bummed about this VIP thing the more I think about it. Maybe I should quit thinking about it. :thumbup :hmm

I wonder how far back us peasants will be from the stage then?

I TOTALLY agree.

Surely the VIP section will not take up the whole space in front of the stage. Giving all the rich folks the best seats seems very un-Wilco-like.

I know if the VIP section is sitting on their hands all night, Tweedy will say something about it.

You have totally outsarcasmed me. Good work. Hell yes, i am going to Wilco.

:P

I know if the VIP section is sitting on their hands all night, Tweedy will say something about it.

The way he has been calling folks down to the front at seated shows, I thought the same thing. The VIP thing was pretty lame in front of the Wilco stage at Wakarusa. People were basically just milling around during the sets. Though as I recall Glenn Kotche and his wife came out into the VIP section to watch the Neko set.

We'll see.

ill be thar.i had to get vip tickets for my wheelchair.if anyone sees a kid in a wheelchair making his way to the front row stealthily say hey.ive never gotten a a remember the mountainbed so heres hoping.the vip section is small.also is the opener andrew bird any good?

I've got a friend who's been to a few shows at Crossroads. I'm going to ask her tonight if this VIP thing is typical for the venue and how it works. If I learn anything useful, I'll let you know.

It seems terribly unfair to charge $50 extra for wheelchair access.

wheelchair has its ups and downs.ive gotten 1st row at red rocks and a couple others so you take what you get i guess.plus i havent seen em in awhile so ill shell out the extra cash and if its closer to a bar then perhaps its worth the extra cashola.

Wilco kicks Elton's ass.

Hello all. First post for me. I'm from Tulsa and my girlfriend and I are driving up for the show. I bought us V.I.P. tickets, but not because I am rich. In fact, I am a social worker, so you know I sure as hell am not rich. My girlfriend just cannot handle crowds. On two separate occasions, including the Wilco show recently in Dallas, she has literally passed out when in a crowd at a show. Well, let's just say that I don't want to miss this show on account of her passing out, so I did what I had to do to keep her out of the crowds. Also, there's the issue of it being somewhat dangerous to have her passing out like that.

Anyways, if I'm at the front of the stage I sure as hell won't be sitting on my hands.

Look forward to being there and seeing a great show. This will be in essence the first time I have seen Wilco live because I spent most of the Dallas show watching on a TV at the back of the venue because of the above referenced passing out incident.

Cheers everyone.

Hello all. First post for me. I'm from Tulsa and my girlfriend and I are driving up for the show. I bought us V.I.P. tickets, but not because I am rich. In fact, I am a social worker, so you know I sure as hell am not rich. My girlfriend just cannot handle crowds. On two separate occasions, including the Wilco show recently in Dallas, she has literally passed out when in a crowd at a show. Well, let's just say that I don't want to miss this show on account of her passing out, so I did what I had to do to keep her out of the crowds. Also, there's the issue of it being somewhat dangerous to have her passing out like that.

Anyways, if I'm at the front of the stage I sure as hell won't be sitting on my hands.

Look forward to being there and seeing a great show. This will be in essence the first time I have seen Wilco live because I spent most of the Dallas show watching on a TV at the back of the venue because of the above referenced passing out incident.

Cheers everyone.

I can empathize. I once keeled over at a U2 show. Spent 13 hours outside in the freezing cold to get close to the stage, only to be so dehydrated and overwhelmed (I've got some claustrophobic and panic issues) that I wound up missing more than half the show. So disappointing.

The little VIP holding pen looks doable for those of us with GA. I'll bet that was a fun place to be during the Gwar show. Maybe the people who paid more for their tickets got splashed with more slave urine.

I didn't get in touch with my KC friend tonight, but I did remember something she mentioned last time we talked: there's a restaurant (Grinder's) that's a part of the Crossroads complex. I think we're going to grab an early dinner there before getting in line. Anyone planning to do the same?

At crossroads the VIP section appears to be at the font of the stage but off to each side. If you look at the pictures gallery of their web site you can see where they are.

I'm pretty sure it's like that for every show.

http://www.crossroadskc.com/photo_gallery/

I'm thinking of getting a VIP just so i can tape from in front of a stack with out getting my mic stand knocked around and still be able to enjoy and see the show.

BTW Crossroads is having a drawing for VIP upgrades on their site now.

• If you purchase Wilco tickets online between now and October 12th, we'll register you for a drawing for Free VIP upgrades. Two lucky winners will get a pair of tickets upgraded to VIP.

i will be there and i am so pumped even though this will be my first show alone. boo. ps... so many better places to eat in kc. grinders has the worst service in town. blah.

And believe me, there are places I'd much rather eat during a rare trip across the state. It's been two years since I had a burnt ends sandwich from Arthur Bryant's and I'm hurting for one.

been to a few shows at the crossroads -- barely even noticed the VIP section. i wouldn't worry about it. it is right up front but it seemed really shallow - 10 feet deep maybe right in front of the stage?

i'll be there but further back -- this will be my wife's first wilco show and my 9 y.o. son's first concert. we'll be angling for a picnic table in the back.