One week to KC!

So Sarah and I just did some recon at Crossroads. Sarah jumped up on stage immediately and began to play air drums. :dontgetit

Here are some specs: The stage is 5' high. There is a 3' wide section of sidewalk that is directly in front of the stage. Other than that, the standing area is a layer of mulch. There were puddles of water in a couple of places from the rains we got earlier in the week, and the ground was quite squishy. I'm hoping that will have dried up before Saturday.

I don't know how it is to manuever a wheel chair around in muddy mulch. Seems like it might be a bit tricky. You made a wise choice, dthedust to get a VIP ticket. :yes

Looks like it is going to be a really fun outdoor venue, and not that big. Can't wait to see you all there!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all for the info and recon :shifty !! I'm encouraged. :yes (I still have to agree with poppy, wheelchair access should not be extra though. :hmm)

Hope everyone enjoys themselves...look forward to seeing you all! :wave

P.S. jacobn., I'm no veteran or expert, but I believe soundchecks usually have been running in the 3 to 4 pm range.

I saw Andrew Bird last spring. Awesome. Absolutely love him! Here he is on Letterman from a few months ago. I think he's going to be without his band this Saturday. Either way, I think he's a great match for Wilco.

At the Columbia Wilco show, they did sound check from 4-5 PM. That sound check was completely open, and we got to watch the whole thing from in front of the stage. My KC contact told me that sometimes Crossroads sets up extra fences during sound check to prevent looky-lous. Bastards.

Thanks for the head's up regarding the mulch. No cute shoes for me that night.

If any of you see a big gal with candy apple red streaks in her hair, that's me! Come say hi; I like attention.

I saw Andrew Bird last spring. Awesome. Absolutely love him! Here he is on Letterman from a few months ago. I think he's going to be without his band this Saturday. Either way, I think he's a great match for Wilco.

At the Columbia Wilco show, they did sound check from 4-5 PM. That sound check was completely open, and we got to watch the whole thing from in front of the stage. My KC contact told me that sometimes Crossroads sets up extra fences during sound check to prevent looky-lous. Bastards.

Thanks for the head's up regarding the mulch. No cute shoes for me that night.

If any of you see a big gal with candy apple red streaks in her hair, that's me! Come say hi; I like attention.

I'm pumped about AB. I have barely even listened to any of his stuff, but what I have I've been really impressed. His live shows are pretty well renowned.

In just two more days I'll be heading North. I can't wait.

As sure as surely dear kidsmoke, you will be there. :yes :hug

I'd love to get to an outdoor gig this go 'round (I curse you, chicken pox and Duluth bad luck! *shakes fist*). I hope to live vicariously through those of you who make it to KC.

I doubt the band gives a rat's ass about what jakob nicholas wants to hear.....BUT....just in case:

- BENNY AND THE JETS (hearing Wilco cover Elton on a night when Elton's playing just 5 blocks away would be the coolest thing ever!)

- ASHES OF AMERICAN FLAGS

- JUST A KID

- I THOUGHT I HELD YOU (Wilco hasn't played this in forever, but it would be killer to hear Nels play the slide guitar part

- (ANY Loose Fur song....Laminated Cat, Hey Chicken...)

Are you coming furreal?!! :D

so i went out tonight with my friends after work for a drink and some dancing. who else did i see other than pat busting a move on the dance floor! said a few words to him before i left...letting him know that i would be at the show tomorrow. starstruck! :shifty

Morning folks! We will be leaving at 10:00, I'll call you on the way Chris. I'll have my Garmin GPS so all I'll need is your street address. Call you on the way! You wan't me to bring anything?