watching my sister's dog this week

He's a huge golden lab. He has the strength of 2 or 3 dogs, I think, as he can easily pin me, and it takes more than just a bit of effort to climb out from under him. Of course the fact that he's licking my face the entire time, and the additional fact that I can't stop laughing doesn't help.

My sister doesn't listen to music much, not sure why. It's always been a part of our lives what with my mom constantly playing music when we were kids. Anyway, Eddy seemed a bit nervous and worried when we first got back to my house. He was panting a lot, wandering around, going to the door and such. I put on music in my office, and he fell sound asleep within 5 minutes. That was 45 minutes ago. I'm in love with him all over again!

edit: here's a pic I took of him when he was a few months old... he's 18 times this size now.

IMG_5955.jpg

He's a huge golden lab. He has the strength of 2 or 3 dogs, I think, as he can easily pin me, and it takes more than just a bit of effort to climb out from under him. Of course the fact that he's licking my face the entire time, and the additional fact that I can't stop laughing doesn't help.

I can totally picture this!

He's a cutie, Mart. Have fun!

edit: here's a pic I took of him when he was a few months old... he's 18 times this size now.

i'm glad you added that, as i was reading and saw the picture i thought you were joking about the strenght and size and being pinned down juxtaposed with the pic of a tiny puppy, i thought how clever. dogs are great. and it is pretty amazing to see them react to music. have fun with the (grown) pup!

Awww. :wub A week with this fella and you'll have to get one of your own (if you don't have one already). Enjoy!

My sister had never ever been a dog person until she got a golden retriever from a rescue group, and she's been deeply in love with that dog ever since.

I sure wish I had an electronic version of the dog as flower-creature at my sister's commitment ceremony. He was beyond gorgeous.

I put on music in my office, and he fell sound asleep within 5 minutes. That was 45 minutes ago.

if Gary were here, I'm sure he would have wanted to ask you if you had put on SBS for the dog.

he just ate my eyeglasses!!!! But I'm sure there'll be much more damage inflicted by our visiting canine hurricane this week. Off to lenscrafters.

Do you actually call them "eyeglasses"? I never heard anyone actually say that in conversation. You are teh quaint! :D

I'm pretty sure that in the Official Guide to Funny Lines, it says that "eyeglasses" is a much funnier word than "glasses," so I wholly approve of its use.

Ocularia is so hilarious as to get an entire chapter in the OGFL, though. Real word or nae.

Regarding the topic at hand, though: You're very calm about this! I'm afraid that if anyone, human or beast, ate my spexxx, I would become hysterical. And going to Lenscrafters would involve a lot of walking into walls.

Yes, Heidi, I think I'm so in love with Eddy that his chewing up my lenses didn't register as a major issue.

I did head over to Lenscrafters and got myself a snazzy new pair of ocularia, though. Raybans and I look like a triple-phat geek. Eddy will be NOWHERE near these.

This dog must have vise-jaws; he punctured the lenses impeccably. I've got dental records for Eddy on my eyeglasses.

My dad looked after his sister's dog for three weeks this summer. He also has a dog, and the two became fast friends. In the couple weeks that my aunt has been home, the dogs have been pining for each other, my dad's dog sniffing the places his companion slept, off his feed and behaving listlessly.

When I talked to my dad yesterday, he was heading out to take his dog to his sister's house so the doggies could have a play date. :lol

Have fun with the lovely golden. Dogs are magnificent companions.

IMG_1174.jpg