Clear Channel will not play the new Bruce

Austin, TX radio stations are playing the crap out of "Radio Nowhere" right now. I hear it like once an hour.

Same with WXRT in Chicago.

Well, Austin is good for subversive radio.

When all that Dixie Chicks stuff went down and "country" radio blacklisted them, our stations (particularly KGSR 107.1 ... my favorite) probably tripled their radio play. It's kinda ironic how much Austin hates GWB.

Well, Austin is good for subversive radio.

When all that Dixie Chicks stuff went down and "country" radio blacklisted them, our stations (particularly KGSR 107.1 ... my favorite) probably tripled their radio play. It's kinda ironic how much Austin hates GWB.

I think that, even if it did alienate half their listening base, the whole Dixie Chicks flap actually earned them a whole new audience. I know that it was in the midst of all that hullabaloo that my wife decided to check them out. Just because if it all.

:unsure OK ... that was a pretty damn good album, actually.

maybe it was his use of the term "speedball" in glory days...?

i really have nothing at all against bruce. just a dislike for radio in general. I actually think it's great he's still selling albums.

so they aren't playing the new santana/kroeger single either? because that would actually be a good thing. the wording in that article is clear as mud.i didn't realize that serious music fans still listened to corporate radio. what do you expect?

or the fact that he's a 58 year-old fart.

Someday, unless you are killed by a jealous husband or wife, you will be a 58 year-old fart.

I don't imagine one's world or life should end with a number being attached to you.

Springsteen happens to be in a very productive stage of his career. Since 2005 he has produced a solo acoustic record followed by a worldwide tour; a large band folk record followed by a worldwide tour; a live record of the folk record; an e-street band record and major tour.

He calls scoreboard on your slacker ass. :monkey

Agreed.....not going to buy this one either (oh yea I did buy the Seeger Sessions only because I found a $3 vinyl copy), but you gotta give the guy credit for being old school and hanging in there....he made some of my all time favorites though..

LouieB

maybe it was his use of the term "speedball" in glory days...?

i really have nothing at all against bruce. just a dislike for radio in general. I actually think it's great he's still selling albums.

Dude...just stop.

Glory Days wasn't on Tunnel of Love.

Agreed.....not going to buy this one either (oh yea I did buy the Seeger Sessions only because I found a $3 vinyl copy), but you gotta give the guy credit for being old school and hanging in there....he made some of my all time favorites though..

LouieB

Sounds like you're at the same place with Springsteen that I am with Tom Petty.

I find it exciting and reassuring that Dylan, Young, Springsteen and Petty are still pursuing an actively productive career path and not going the 'play the hits in the sheds touring' route.

Someday, unless you are killed by a jealous husband or wife, you will be a 58 year-old fart.

I don't imagine one's world or life should end with a number being attached to you.

Springsteen happens to be in a very productive stage of his career. Since 2005 he has produced a solo acoustic record followed by a worldwide tour; a large band folk record followed by a worldwide tour; a live record of the folk record; an e-street band record and major tour.

He calls scoreboard on your slacker ass. :monkey

mr porkchop jackass,

you obviously take things pretty personal in regards to mr springsteen. not that there's anything wrong with that. not everybody's a fan of bruce...deal with it.

my 58 year-old fart comment has to do with the box that corporate radio puts artists in. "romeo...throat of gold...little too old..." awww f*ck it. why bother.

and no, tunnel of love didn't include glory days. never said that did i? it's all about reading comprehension. check into it skippy.

go kick your dog or something.