Most teams tip off their season this week. Here are this weeks polls.

AP Top 25

1. North Carolina (29)

2. UCLA (24)

3. Memphis (18)

4. Kansas

5. Georgetown (1)

6. Louisville

7. Tennessee

8. Michigan St.

9. Indiana

10. Washington St.

11. Marquette

12. Oregon

13. Duke

14. Gonzaga

15. Texas

16. Texas A&M

17. Arizona

18. USC

19. Arkansas

20. Kentucky

21. N.C. State

22. Pittsburgh

23. Stanford

24. Southern Ill.

25. Kansas St.

USA Today/ESPN Top 25

1. North Carolina (10)

2. UCLA (12)

3. Memphis (8)

4. Kansas (1)

5. Georgetown

6. Louisville

7. Tennessee

8. Michigan St.

9. Indiana

10. Washington St.

11. Duke

12. Marquette

13. Oregon

14. Texas A&M

14. Gonzaga

16. Texas

17. Arizona

18. USC

19. Arkansas

20. Pittsburgh

21. Stanford

22. Kentucky

23. Southern Ill.

24. N.C. State

25. Villanova

Also, what's the deal with Michigan teams? In case you haven't heard, #8 Michigan St. lost to division II Grand Valley State in an exhibition game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3092661

The Hogs have a new coach this year: John Pelphry. I'm pretty excited they are going back to the "40 minutes of hell" style of offense. Pelphry seems to be a big discipline guy which is nice. In the annual red and white game this year, he suspended some guys leaving only nine players available. What did he do? He suited up himself, and played. He still got the 3 ball he had at Kentucky. He made one in the game, and he also snagged a couple of rebounds. Sweet.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what's the deal with Michigan teams? In case you haven't heard, #8 Michigan St. lost to division II Grand Valley State in an exhibition game.

I like to pretend that that didn't happen, especially since on paper, it didn't happen. I was there, 8 rows off the floor, and I can tell you that our freshman are simply amazing, we just need to get our returning players to remember how to play basketball.

Golden Panthers are gonna make some noise in the Sun belt. I'd be ecstatic if they could win the SBC tourney and get a tourney bid.

Who is supposed to be the favorite in the Sun Belt this year? I know ASU is supposed to have the best guard there since Chico Fletcher.

Who is supposed to be the favorite in the Sun Belt this year? I know ASU is supposed to have the best guard there since Chico Fletcher.

Western Kentucky, ASU, ULM should all be up near the top. I'm actually supposed to be sending the Sports Editor of Arkansas State's studen paper our preseason predictions and 1st and 2nd teamers today.

For the record, here's my conference predictions:

Men:

EAST DIVISION: 1. WKU, 2. South Alabama, 3. FAU, 4.FIU, 5. MTSU , 6. Troy

WEST DIVISION: 1. ULM, 2. ASU, 3. New Orleans, 4. North Texas, 5. UALR, 6. ULL, 7. Denver

Women:

EAST DIVISION: 1. MTSU, 2. WKU, 3. South Alabama, 4. FIU, 5. Troy, 6. FAU

WEST DIVISION: 1. UALR, 2. ULL, 3. Denver, 4. ASU, 5. ULM , 6. UNT, 7. New Orleans

Kentucky got drilled by Gardner-Webb tonight 84-68. Right now, there are 7732 people on the KY message board.

That's crazy! I don't go to the IU board but I'd imagine they've been going nuts the last week or so. No one has anything good to say here right now.

Kentucky got drilled by Gardner-Webb tonight 84-68. Right now, there are 7732 people on the KY message board.

In a related story, the sun failed to rise this morning throughout the city of Lexington. Fortunately, I was able to drive to work by the ample light given by the steady throng of torches approaching the campus area. The pitchforks were a nuisance, admittedly, but manageable. Film at 11.

In a related story, the sun failed to rise this morning throughout the city of Lexington. Fortunately, I was able to drive to work by the ample light given by the steady throng of torches approaching the campus area. The pitchforks were a nuisance, admittedly, but manageable. Film at 11.

:lol

As an Aggie...I must admit that I succombed to schadenfreude for Mr. Gillespie's troubles.