Laurie's Planet of Sound 10th Anniversary (plug)

Yes, that's right, an independent record store is celebrating 10 years and not planning on going anywhere. I have been employed there for 4 years living out my retail fantasy job, having the best time of my life.

Saturday November 17, 2007!

9 pm, $9

Miss Alex White and the Red Orchestra

(For real awesome garage guitar punk rock)

Vee Dee

(Apocalyptic psychedelic punk-rock with a Wilco crew member on drums!)

Adam Fitz and the Part-Timers

(guy who kinda sounds like Ray Lamontagne and is opening for Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings sold out Park West show a mere 2 days before!)

Myself and the other bandless store folks will be spinning the dance party afterwards, and there will be FREE HOT DOGS!

Please come and say hi!

sputnik.jpg

If you've been working there 4 years, I'm sure that you've seen me come in. I don't come in much (I live in the burbs). But I lived in the neighborhood when John first opened the store. And his appearance is what sealed the deal as Lincoln Square being the perfect neighborhood.

Of course, now it's changed quite a bit, but Laurie's has only gotten better.

I'll be in again in December (most likely), I'll say hey if you're there.

And yeah, Laurie's is a great store.

I have my ticket......can't wait......I have been going to Laurie's since BEFORE it was open.,,,

Should be a blast and free hotdogs too....

I'll buy a drink for any VCer who shows up too......

LouieB

Wish I could be there to celebrate with you, Sam. :party

On a related note, I just happened to come across this on the GloNo board today.

aaaaah' date=' these comments make me miss Chicago and Laurie's Planet of Sound (which has a great Bloodshot section). It's where I picked up all my Neko CDs, the Bloodshot anniversary compilations, John Rauhouse....[/quote']
I'll buy a drink for any VCer who shows up too......

don't tempt me, lou! :brow

sounds like a fab bash! i've seen the radness of the laurie's/hideout soiree. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LAURIE'S!

last time i was there i picked up a button that says "eno". awesome.

don't tempt me, lou! :brow

If you come all the way from LA you can have two..... :lol (at $2 a PBR I can be really generous.....)

I think the consensus is that this event is going to sell-out, particularly since Alex White will have a big draw that night.

LouieB

i'd love to hit this and would...but i've got tickets to see steve dahl and the dahlfins 10 minutes from my house that night. have a good time, laurie's is a great store.

Cool... I saw Steve and Teenage Radiation at Park West a very long time ago.

LouieB

Cool... I saw Steve and Teenage Radiation at Park West a very long time ago.

yeah, i'm a total fanboy over his radio show...his dahlfins stuff can be a little too Jimmy Buffet for my tastes, but it should still be a good time. i mean, it's free live music at a bar w/ an incrediblley robust beer menu and w/in walking distance for god's sake. the only perfect storm that could sound better than a bash for laurie's. :monkey

will this be your first night out, since you were freed from the hospital?

Well not exactly, but sort of. I was in North Carolina for the past 5 days and made it out and about many times there. I flew back in by midnight....hit a couple song circles when I was down there and did some hiking and driving around.

Frankly at the moment I feel like crap, but have no fear, I will be there to buy drinks.... :thumbup

LouieB