Chicago's Thrill Jockey 15th Anniversary Party

http://www.thrilljockey.com/news/

Thrill Jockey 15th Anniversary Party in Chicago

Thrill Jockey is 15 this year and we are throwing back to back parties on both sides of the Atlantic to celebrate. The London party on November 11th and 12th is quickly approaching. Right now The Fiery Furnaces, Trans Am, The Sea and Cake, Califone, Arbouretum, Radian, The Zincs, Daniel Higgs and Chiara Giovando, Tortoise, Bobby Conn, Adult., and KTL are all making their way over to Koko in London. Get in on the remaining tickets! As an added bonus every ticket purchase, for either the London or Chicago shows, comes with a free copy of the Trey Told 'Em (Gregg Gillis of Girl Talk and Frank Mussarra of Hearts of Darknesses) mega remix of our ENTIRE CATALOG! They completely blew our minds, this mix is absolutely amazing.

Can't make it to the London party? Don't stress, we're bringing the celebration home to Chicago on December 14th and 15th. This is not going to be just another show. Aside from the incredible line up, posted below, we are redesigning Logan Square Auditorium. We're transforming the interior and setting up two dueling stages! Non-stop music, collaborations, surprises! Pick up tickets here!

Still fresh from recording songs for our 7" box set, it is very possible that we may see some amazingly rare collaborations. Sea and Cake singing "Spider's House" with Califone? Arbouretum teaming up with Angela Desveaux? The possibilities are endless. Check out the Chicago line up:

ADULT.

Fred Anderson Trio

Arbouretum

Brokeback

Califone

Bobby Conn

Angela Desveaux

Eleventh Dream Day

The Fiery Furnaces

Frequency

Pit er Pat

Archer Prewitt

School of Language

The Sea and Cake

Trans Am

Thalia Zedek

The Zincs

Specific set times or dates will not be announced. Expect the unexpected! We promise to keep it interesting with two stages, special guests, collaborations and more.

Once again, all ticket purchases come with a free copy of the Trey Told 'Em Super Epic Thrill Jockey Mega Massive Mix. Thrill Jockey opened the vaults to Gregg Gillis (Girl Talk) and Frank Musarra, aka Trey Told 'Em and let them go to town. And they exceeded all expectations! Managing to fit every single Oval song into one track and also crafting a special Tortoise and Trans Am mega mix. And last but certainly not least, the has to be heard, super epic mix that manages to include almost every Thrill Jockey artist. 70 minutes of music! This mix is extremely limited. Free copies will be provided with every Thrill Jockey anniversary show ticket purchase. Limited quantities will be sold via Thrill Jockey mail order and Trey Told 'Em. The mix will not be available in stores!!

Thrill Jockey 15th anniversary celebration featuring Adult. / Angela Desveaux / Arbouretum / Archer Prewitt / Bobby Conn / Brokeback / Califone / Eleventh Dream Day / Fiery Furnaces / Freakwater / Fred Anderson / Frequency / Pit Er Pat / School of Language / Thalia Zedek / The Sea & Cake / Trans Am / Zincs

Friday, Dec 14, 2007 7:00 PM CST (6:00 PM Doors)

Saturday, Dec 15, 2007 7:00 PM CST

at Logan Square Auditorium

Type of Ticket: General Admission - $50.00

Gods yeah, there is no way I would pay $50 for ANYTHING there. I have never enjoyed a show there. I keep trying.

Well yea...but damn, the line-up is so great, even $50 isn't so bad; too bad it wasn't the Metro or somewhere like that.

LouieB

I'm not going because I have other plans, but agree a different venue would have been a better idea. Not a fan of Logan Square. And as I'm not interested in all of the bands, I can't believe they aren't announcing the time/day when the bands are playing. As if 10 days before Christmas I would love to stand around for hours and hours 2 days in a row in Logan Square Auditorium. No.

Despite the poor venue (could be worse I suppose) and the bad timing, this still should be a good time featuring some of TJ and Chicago's best bands.

Thrill Jockey is really a great label with an adventuresome and eclectic line-up and still deserves our support. Having said that, I guess now I have to go.... :lol

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...

So is their in age limit to this show? I mean I am 18, but I am just making sure there is no 21+ rule, which I hate beyond belief.

Other than that I hopefully should be there.

So is their in age limit to this show? I mean I am 18, but I am just making sure there is no 21+ rule, which I hate beyond belief.

Other than that I hopefully should be there.

21+ is one of the greatest things ever. sometimes, I wouldn't mind if they upped it to 25+

21+ is one of the greatest things ever. sometimes, I wouldn't mind if they upped it to 25+
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Ageist... :lol

Actually Logan Square is usually all ages. It is not a bar, it is a rented hall (it is an old neighborhood ethnic banquet/event hall) so I assume everyone can go.

I spoke to Tim Tuten about this. He was at the TJ shows in London and I mentioned that Logan Square leaves alot to be desired. He was mildlyl surprised but did acknowledge that the sound is less than superb. I wondered about Tortoise too.

LouieB

I checked Logan Square's website and the show is all ages. So I am happy, but others might not be.

But regardless, I am happy to see Califone, The Sea And Cake, Eleventh Day Dream, and the rest. I do hope that Tortoise does end up playing, but they most likely won't.

I went to the first night - with the better line-up of the two - of the London 15th Anniversary shows. And as a teasey taster here is a review of what I saw and heard. You guys should have a blast, it was brilliantly diverse event, plus you get a whole host of acts that we didn't in London.
Did they get Tim Tuten to introduce any of the bands? Tim has certainly become the sound of Chicago introductions....

LouieB

No Freakwater, huh.

No Fred Anderson either I guess...or Frequency.

The beauty of TJ is they aren't ghettoized musically and have included some of the best Chicago "jazz" as well as rock and as mentioned Freakwater, which is more country than anything else. It is so great that they have given some attention to other types of music.

LouieB

Did they get Tim Tuten to introduce any of the bands? Tim has certainly become the sound of Chicago introductions....

LouieB

There was a guy who gave a speech of thanks just before, and as an introduction to, the final act, The Fiery Furnaces. He also drew parallels between London and Chicago in his speech that most in attendence, including the band, found funny, particularly when he used that comparison to shoe-horn in the band's introduction ("both cities have wrecked by massive fires, creating furious heat and energy..... and out of the ashes comes another furnace, the almighty FIERY FURNACES!!!").

I'm not sure that was Tim Tuten but, given the length of the intro, it sounds like it might have been. If you've got a pic I'll be able to confirm.

I'm not sure that was Tim Tuten but, given the length of the intro, it sounds like it might have been. If you've got a pic I'll be able to confirm.
No pic needed...that was Tim.....

I spoke to him the other night and I thought he said they asked him to introduce someone. Tim can go on and on and always waxes nostalgic about Chicago. Incidently he had a great time in London, enjoyed himself alot.

LouieB

No pic needed...that was Tim.....

I spoke to him the other night and I thought he said they asked him to introduce someone. Tim can go on and on and always waxes nostalgic about Chicago. Incidently he had a great time in London, enjoyed himself alot.

LouieB

He certainly seemed hyped and, despite the loose thread running through his speech, he came across as genuinely affectionate, particularly for Chicago.

Nice cheesecake too :)

Eli's of course....never miss an opportunity there....

Yea, had it many a time, often free. The factory out on the far north west side is fun to visit and they sell the stuff cheap there. Nice guys......and decent product as well.

LouieB