Weakerthans or National?

Nov 26: the Weakerthans @ Amsterdam

Nov 28: the National @ Amsterdam

Problem: I only have time and money for 1 gig.

I've never seen the National live, and I really want to, but I've seen the Weakerthans last year and they blew me away.

Please help me... :hmm

My dad saw the Weakerthans two weeks ago in Toronto and he said they were absolutely fantastic. Now I've never seen the National but anyone that has seen them they've said they were nuts live. I'd go with the National.

I went to see the Weakerthans last night, just because I liked Reunion Tour better than Boxer and they had 2 excellent support acts (Jim Bryson and House & Parish). Bryson also played keyboard and guitar with the Weakerthans. You should really check out his recent album 'Where The Bungalows Roam', it's excellent.

Thanks for your advice though. I'll catch the National next time they're in Europe!

I went to see the Weakerthans last night, just because I liked Reunion Tour better than Boxer and they had 2 excellent support acts (Jim Bryson and House & Parish). Bryson also played keyboard and guitar with the Weakerthans. You should really check out his recent album 'Where The Bungalows Roam', it's excellent.

Thanks for your advice though. I'll catch the National next time they're in Europe!

What are crowds like at Euro W-than concerts? I don't know why but seeing them here is a very crowded sing along. And I mean everyone knows Virtue from Virtute and every single line to every song. It is not all that much fun anymore.

My vote, if I had voted, would have been to also be see Samson.