Teacher arrested for Teddy Bear name

God is a bad guy.

God is fine. It's that Allah guy who needs a talking-to.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but Muslims still scare the shit out of me. I'm sorry, but that's the way I honestly feel. When Muslims around the world rise up and root out their own loonies, I will feel much better about them. When the vast majority of Muslims accept the principle of the separation of church and state, I will feel much more secure. Until then, it's knives out.

Yeah, but Muslims still scare the shit out of me. I'm sorry, but that's the way I honestly feel. When Muslims around the world rise up and root out their own loonies, I will feel much better about them. When the vast majority of Muslims accept the principle of the separation of church and state, I will feel much more secure. Until then, it's knives out.

so, all muslims scare you?

so, all muslims scare you?

Nah. The S1W's are OK.

Answer: The same exact thing a person of true Muslim faith does when the Qura'n is essentially telling them that it unaaceptable to treat another person in a way you would not treat yourself...you make a choice, as an indivudual, as to what the best course of action is. The Qura'n contains many passages which teach Muslims to treat non-Muslims with dignity but, (as you illustrated earlier) it also has content that instructs Muslims to kill non-Muslims wherever they are found.

You keep focusing on the negative passages/religious beliefs to substantiate you opposition to it and negating the Golden Rule/Ethic of Reciprocity i mentioned before:

as i just showed you, the contradictions that are abound in most, if not all, faiths forces one to make certain choices of their own accord...to be an individual. you have an extremely negative outlook on religion, thusly you make an extremely broad generalization that paints a picture that all religions/faiths/etc. strip away individuality versus help to chart a course that allows them to be a better individual amongst other individuals. plus, as what i guess a much larger % of people under any faith will tell you...you are constantly questioning your faith and every day is a test. much like any person, subscribing to ANY belief...you cannot judge someone on the actions of extremists.

If the Koran states that it is indeed ok to punish or even kill a non-believer, is it not the responsibility of the individual to do as God or Allah declares? Who is an individual to question and/or disobey the word of God if one truly believes in him or her or it

What makes an extremist, is it because some are simply more willing to obey the less popular refrains from the Koran - if it is all the word of God, do we have to accept the good with the bad?

Don't let the God Squad keep you down brother man. As the man said, opiate for the masses and all that.

I think its all about interpretations of the words. All religions start from a pure place, then bad interpretations take it to bad areas. I think everyone can agree that murder is bad.

People have to realize all the monotheist religions are praying to the same God. Christianity, Judism, and Muslim all pray to the same God.

Why leave such an important matter, existence, open to interpretation? Hell, as a parent, I don

People often mellow out when they have kids.

What makes an extremist, is it because some are simply more willing to obey the less popular refrains from the Koran - if it is all the word of God, do we have to accept the good with the bad?

Jonathan Edwards says: "The God that holds you over the pit of hell, much as one holds a spider, or some loathsome insect over the fire, abhors you, and is dreadfully provoked: his wrath towards you burns like fire; he looks upon you as worthy of nothing else, but to be cast into the fire; he is of purer eyes than to bear to have you in his sight; you are ten thousand times more abominable in his eyes, than the most hateful venomous serpent is in ours."