Teacher arrested for Teddy Bear name

Fanatical atheists are just as annoying as fanatical muslims or christians.

Fanatical muslims kill innocent people. Fanatical christians do everything in their power to prevent gays from marrying. Fanatical atheists engage you in a debate on message boards. For shame. :hmm

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard many people who espouse no Christian or other religious belief, say that fags should be strung up or otherwise mutilated.

Everyone I have ever heard say those kinds of things WERE men, though. Hmm.

no, you dont. jnick, you really don't. do you see how equating the belief in god to someone believing in an invisible dragon is on par w/ calling them an idiot? by disrespecting a religous belief that a real life person has that you are disrespecting the person themsleves? that disagreeing and disrespecting are two TOTALLY different things? you understand i'm not trying to 'sell you' anything and i'm more than okay w/ you not believeing in God?

Fanatical muslims kill innocent people. Fanatical christians do everything in their power to prevent gays from marrying. Fanatical atheists engage you in a debate on message boards. For shame.

that's a stretttttttchhhhhhhhhhh. people of no religious belief kill innocent people, people of no religious belief do everything in their power to prevent gays from marrying and the removal of any sort of religious context, no matter how miniscule, in public because it makes someone uncomfortable happens everyday. his point was the fanaticism, of any variety, can be annoying...and it is.

Fanatical muslims kill innocent people. Fanatical christians do everything in their power to prevent gays from marrying. Fanatical atheists engage you in a debate on message boards. For shame. :hmm

Atheists kill plenty of people too. Atheists are anti-gay too. Don't give me that. It's not a product of religion, it's a product of being in our society.

That
I don't know anything about you in real life. All I know is what you show on the board, and on the board, you have no tolerance for anyone's belief's. I don't really care what you are like in real life, because that doesn't matter in the bounds of the discussion. And you always try to bring your real life into it, and it's simply not important. However you are off the board has nothing to do with you on the board, and on the board, the only interaction I have with you, you are an intolerant person.

but folks who believe in religion and skygod are more/were intolerant first...so it's okay.

no, you dont. jnick, you really don't. do you see how equating the belief in god to someone believing in an invisible dragon is on par w/ calling them an idiot? by disrespecting a religous belief that a real life person has that you are disrespecting the person themsleves? that disagreeing and disrespecting are two TOTALLY different things? you understand i'm not trying to 'sell you' anything and i'm more than okay w/ you not believeing in God?

that's a stretttttttchhhhhhhhhhh. people of no religious belief kill innocent people, people of no religious belief do everything in their power to prevent gays from marrying and the removal of any sort of religious context, no matter how miniscule, in public because it makes someone uncomfortable happens everyday. his point was the fanaticism, of any variety, can be annoying...and it is.

Let me ask you a question, when was the last time someone was criticized for not respecting another person

I don't think it's a stretch at all. And I dont see the relevance of the fact that people who aren't religious kill people. My point was never about religious vs. non-religioous folks in general. It was about fanatics. The very very small percentage of religious folks who are fanatics.

Fanatical muslims kill others in the name of their religion. TDW may be annoying. But religious fanatics are not annoying. They are dangerous. There's a big difference.

Atheists kill plenty of people too. Atheists are anti-gay too. Don't give me that. It's not a product of religion, it's a product of being in our society.

Of course. But atheists dont kill people because of their fanaticism about atheism. Fanatical muslims do. Fanatical atheists just annoy you. It's apples and oranges.

I don't know anything about you in real life. All I know is what you show on the board, and on the board, you have no tolerance for anyone's belief's. I don't really care what you are like in real life, because that doesn't matter in the bounds of the discussion. And you always try to bring your real life into it, and it's simply not important. However you are off the board has nothing to do with you on the board, and on the board, the only interaction I have with you, you are an intolerant person.

My real life experiences are not important

I don't think it's a stretch at all. And I dont see the relevance of the fact that people who aren't religious kill people. My point was never about religious vs. non-religioous folks in general. It was about fanatics. The very very small percentage of religious folks who are fanatics.

Fanatical muslims kill others in the name of their religion. TDW may be annoying. But religious fanatics are not annoying. They are dangerous. There's a big difference.

Some fanatical muslims kill others in the name of their religion. Some fanatical atheists kill people because they are fucked up in the brain. Some normal muslims kill others because they are fucked up in the brain.

I would say the fanatical muslims who kill others in the name of their religion are fucked up in the brain. It isn't religion's fault. Why are some muslims devout and not killing people? Why are some people completely ambivalent to religion and killing people? Because sometimes, people kill people. Just because a crazy person wants to use their religion as a reason they killed someone doesn't mean the religion is why they did it.

My real life experiences are not important
Of course. But atheists dont kill people because of their fanaticism about atheism. Fanatical muslims do. Fanatical atheists just annoy you. It's apples and oranges.

Actually one could argue that some Maoists and Stalinists did kill based on a fanatic atheist ideology. But that is the exception rather than the rule when compared to organized religions.

Actually one could argue that some Maoists and Stalinists did kill based on a fanatic atheist ideology. But that is the exception rather than the rule when compared to organized religions.

The millions that Mao and Stalin killed were the exception?

Not all religious fanatics are dangerous. I would classify Mother Teresa as a fanatic, but I don't know that she ever blew anybody up. Gandhi was a religious fanatic.

Fair point. But then Mother Teresa and Gandhi are not annoying either.

And as a side point, some have argued that Mother Teresa was dangerous (see: Hitchens) and I think a case could be made that Gandhi's fanaticism related less to religion than it did to self-determination for his country. But I am speaking out of school since I dont know all that much about him. And it's beside the point since I agree with you -- not all religious fanaticism is inherently dangerous. It depends on your definition of fanaticism, I suppose.

I personally think fanaticism of any sort is unhealthy, and annoying, at best. I don't see how anyone can be so 100% about their beliefs, either for or against religion.

I mistrust anyone who lives any part of their life without doubt. The world is not black and white.

Really
The millions that Mao and Stalin killed were the exception?

Yes, they were.

They were killed due to a huge political/economical/cultural shift and their refusal to adapt to a more enlightened way of life. They hung on to the old ways; the old outdated religious beliefs were just a small part.

Yes, they were.

They were killed due to a huge political/economical/cultural shift and their refusal to adapt to a more enlightened way of life. They hung on to the old ways; the old outdated religious beliefs were just a small part.

This plus the Che avatar, and I'm done.