Wilco Winter Residency

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To virtually eliminate scalping, they really should make all ticket buyers only be able to pick up tickets with their IDs at will call as they enter the venue (that means get ticket, have ticket immediately scanned, and walk in -- once a ticket is scanned they cannot walk outside and sell it because it will not scan a second time). It is terrible that scalpers make money from real fans who couldn't get through for tickets. If they used this ticket distribution policy, scalpers would not even try for tickets, thus allowing more fans to get through.

Smashing Pumpkins did this for their 9 nights in Asheville, NC and 12 nights in San Francisco this past summer. Worked perfectly. The only disadvantage is if someone buys tickets and then somehow finds out they can't go, they have no way of selling the tickets (to another fan) because they do not have them in their possession. But since most people who buy DO end up being able to go, I think fans overall would be in favor of the policy.

Thoughts?

BTW I guess I was pretty lucky to get Mon-Tues-Weds based on some of the disappointed posts in this thread.

I'm curious how early people will line up outside in the middle of brutal winter weather for these shows? I know a few lunatics around here who spent a pretty excruciating day outside of the 9:30 in Dc a few winters back. What's the temp likely to be in mid-February in Chicago. 20's? Teens? Sub-Zero?

• 3 weeks later...

Since this thread is so huge, and because there are a few other threads about setlist predictions, tickets, etc., I'm going to go ahead and lock this one. Subsequent threads will probably be more specific, which usually makes it easier to find info anyway.

:wave