General Info about Musictoday Presales

This isn't a thread for complaining about not getting tickets, or asking for passwords for non-musictoday presales. It's specifically for information on how these presales work, since these questions seem to arise fairly frequently.

I've included here the links to the official pages with tour information; the general sale info that's currently listed on the wilcoworld tour page; and an informative e-mail response from musictoday that VCer rjreda posted in another thread. If anyone's got any more concrete information to add, feel free to contribute whatever you've got.

http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php

http://wilcotickets.musictoday.com/

• all "wilcoworld" pre-sales are conducted via Music Today and you can get there by clicking here. there is no password to log in' date=' you only need register on the site to purchase pre-sale tickets[/i'].
  • the specific ticket information for each show is listed directly below the show listing.
  • all on sale times begin are based on the local time in which the venue is located unless otherwise noted.
  • we cannot send out an email every time we find out a show is going on sale. when a tour is being scheduled we post everything as soon as we get it, so things are being updated on the site constantly. we highly recommend you join the mailing list here, and/or subscribe to the rss feed here. (RSS reader required - we recommend NewsGator or Google Reader)
  • generally we get around 10% of the venue to sell via the wilcoworld before the "public" on-sale. that means at most a few hundred tickets are made available for each show. in some instances there will be more than one pre-sale, and more than 10% of the venue is sold. we will post whatever information we do have here.
  • we do everything we possibly can to make it easy and fair for our fans to get tickets and to ensure they're sold at reasonable prices and with reasonable fees.
  • if we know it, we post it. if a show is SOLD OUT, it means there are no tickets available. we do sometimes release tickets at the box office on the day of the show.

FWIW, I sent an e-mail to Music Today asking about the ticket situation...hey, it doesn't cost anything, right? Here's what they said:

Me: I am trying to get some presale tickets to the 3/2 Nashville show and while I was online at the exact time that they went onsale, I'm not having any luck whatsoever at finding 2 tickets. Approximately how many tickets were available for the presale?

Them: High demand events sometimes create a temporary unavailability of tickets. Other ticket buyers are trying to purchase tickets too, and are holding the available tickets in their shopping basket. Other ticket buyers may decide not to purchase the tickets they are holding or their credit cards may be declined, and these tickets may become available.

If you receive the message stating there are no longer tickets available to fill your request, please try again and follow the steps indicated: 1) request a lower quantity of tickets, 2) request a different ticket type, and/or 3) request tickets for another ticket price. If you are still unsuccessful after 10 minutes, log back on to the website 1 hour later to check for ticket availability. Tickets may still be available unless you reach a message that states either,

re: OTHER presales

Sometimes after a musictoday presale, there will be another presale through ticketmaster, or through the venue's website. Often, passwords for these presales are available from the radio station that's sponsoring the show, or from the venue's e-mail list. Musictoday or Wilcoworld generally will not supply passwords for these other presales.

• 3 months later...

So, the pre-sale for the New Mexico show (5/9) happens tomorrow. The website says the pre-sale will begin at 10am, but the WILCOticketing/music today site says "All Wilco presales will begin at 10AM Local Venue Time.", but further down says the New Mexico show sells at 12:00PM. Who know about this? Is it 10am New Mexico time or noon? Argh, I finally scrapped enough money together to get tickets and don't know when they will be on pre-sale. Please help.

i've used musictoday for lots of presales, mostly wilco and gomez. it's always been my experience that it's 10:00 local time for said venue. however, if there is any confusion, i think the best thing would be to try to buy tickets at the earliest time. if, after a few minutes it's clear that the presale hasn't begun, i would check back later.

it's always been my experience that it's 10:00 local time for said venue. however, if there is any confusion, i think the best thing would be to try to buy tickets at the earliest time. if, after a few minutes it's clear that the presale hasn't begun, i would check back later.

Yeah, last time I bought Wilco tickets, it was 10am. I will try the earliest time like you said, but I was asking because I have to take care of a family member tomorrow and wasn't sure if I'd be back on time. Oh well. Thanks.

So, the pre-sale for the New Mexico show (5/9) happens tomorrow. The website says the pre-sale will begin at 10am, but the WILCOticketing/music today site says "All Wilco presales will begin at 10AM Local Venue Time.", but further down says the New Mexico show sells at 12:00PM. Who know about this? Is it 10am New Mexico time or noon? Argh, I finally scrapped enough money together to get tickets and don't know when they will be on pre-sale. Please help.

Yeah, if you click all the way through on the Albuquerque date, it definitely says 10:00am local time. I'm 99% sure that that's going to be it, 10:00am New Mexico time.

not you!

No, I'm pretty sure I know who he's talking about! :P

SO I am confused. Is there or is there not a password for Music today. Going to buy (hopefully) Abq tix in 10 minutes and all it says I need is a "unique user name and password" to buy tickets.

OK, I'm late to help out with the Albuquerque tickets, but: no. This is what it says on the wilcoworld.net tour info page:

there is no password to log in, you only need register on the site to purchase pre-sale tickets.

You should be pre-registered for a musictoday account (your own account name and password), but there is generally not any additional password for musictoday presales.

Thanks for the help yesterday guys/gals. I logged on at 9am Arizona time and tried to get Orch Pit tickets for 15 minutes straight and finally snagged two pit tickets. Pit Center, but there are no row numbers. The seat numbers are in the very low 100s, so is this first row?

I got four in the 4th row!!!!!!! :dancing :dancing
Thanks for the help yesterday guys/gals. I logged on at 9am Arizona time and tried to get Orch Pit tickets for 15 minutes straight and finally snagged two pit tickets. Pit Center, but there are no row numbers. The seat numbers are in the very low 100s, so is this first row?

Folks, this is supposed to be more of a general thread for logistics for the musictoday presales. I'm certainly not against the exuberance over ticket-buying success (I've been more than guilty of it myself on occasion :P), but for specific shows, questions about specific venues, etc., please either find a pre-existing thread for that show, or feel free to start one.

Thanks for keeping the pre-sale thread tidy! :wave

• 3 weeks later...

What's the ticket limit for presales? Every time I've done them, I've just been buying one ticket, and I'm in and out quickly. The last two summers, a friend was able to get tickets for a group of six of us through the presale, and we're hoping to do that again this year for the Tanglewood show. I just want to make sure the limit isn't lower than that now.

• 9 months later...

The best tickets are not necessarily available during the pre-sales. Lots of times, people have reported here that the seats they got in the pre-sale were not as good as the seats that were available during the general sale. What the pre-sale does is get you tickets earlier, so you can relax about it. But if you want the best possible seats, no, you're not guaranteed that during the pre-sale.