SKY BLUE SKY - THE MOVIE

Wilco is a pretenious band- jeff tweedy has stated this- i admire this about them

- thats the point of rock and roll to pretend to be something more intresting than you appear to be "...where i dare pretend to be more than i seem"

YHF is a deep album about America as it is and people fell in love with or rather fell for Jeff tweedy trying to break us the listeners hearts with his dissconnection

every wilco album is deep...so much so that you can live inside the albums, the sequencing is specific each song is necssary and you will never be finished with a wilco album

Wilco is not a cult band they dont belong to us, they belong to themselves and will continue to make the albums they want to.

it is understandable that an album like sky blue sky would confuse there is so much music out there that we only have space in our heads to dish out oneliners about modern albums(what is sky blue sky like?, 70s breezy am rock)not really at all

sky blue sky is not wilco's pipe and slippers moment it is like evrey wilco record before it deep dense and restless

sky blue sky is a film and while i mite be wrong, as someone who obsesses over the depths of Wilco records i think ive got the concept down.......

(thanks for reading this far if you have)

As my life with sky blue sky in my record collection began i found myself confused by its purpose... i mean what was the intention

the first 5 songs sound like wilco they are intense,deep,pretentious and romantize w.e issue they are dealing with

but the second half of the album seems to abandon where the album was going .... and then i woke up to the story line

Wilco's atraction is that they are people like us livving the artistic dream,Jeff Tweedy is a man with a wife and kids who has a knack for good tunes and colourful words

he is not Iggy Pop or Lenard Cohen but Wilco is his oppurtunity to pretend to be

The first five songs are Wilcos reality the songs are journeys and cartoonish dreams like all of wilcos weirdo centred albums but on this record something diffrent happens

mid way throught the album the romantic poet wakes up to find himself in his bed "...with a ceiling fan choping up his dreams" next to him is his wife and that is reality

and although somewhere theres war and sometimes there is art he has to shake it off be mature , grow up , deal with things

so he wakes up and maybe picks up the acoustic guitar and sings a song(please be patient with me)

paces threw the house with reality slipping in and out of his head, ive been there(hate it here)

sits on the couch where she sits when hes not home and contenplates(leave me like you found me)

then he goes out for a walk around the block talking to himself about her(walken)

comes home and thinks about his job and how he has to do it, he is a songwriter(what light)

the credits roll, exit music to a film(on and on and on)

...so any thoughts?

thats fair enough sorry if you could not understand the post i was wrting as i thought hmmm , I'm certainly capable of writng proper centences

but you know this is a fan forum not the new york times i didnt think it would be hard to read