I'll try to make one angry Wilco fan happy...

Just from checking out the board, I realize that a lot of real Wilco fans won't be able to attend ANY night of the "complete Wilco," whether it be because of high demand or those evil ticket brokers. I know how upset I was after not scoring any tickets during the musictoday presale, and I feel that no Wilco fan shouldn't miss these shows, so I have an offer to make.

I scored 2 5-day passes myself, and have found 4 major-to-casual Wilco fans to accompany me to 4 of those shows. I have other people to consider for the other night, but frankly, it wouldn't matter much to them if they seen one of these shows or not. As much as I love turning people on to new music, I'll wait until the next Auditorium show to try to convert someone new into a Wilco fan.

So what I'm trying to say is, on Tuesday, February 19th, I'd love for one of you fans to join me! And I don't mean you have to pay me the $100 that people on Stubhub feel is the right price, you can come for free!

But here is the catch. I'd appreciate it if it was somebody that did not score ANY tickets whatsoever for this. If you have tickets for Friday and Saturday and would just like to score a free ticket to Tuesday night, sorry but I'd rather give someone else the opportunity. Not like I'd know either way... but come on guys its the holidays!

So I guess the only fair way to do this is, either reply to this message or PM me and tell me why you think this ticket should be yours. Be creative. Explain how big of a fan you are, or how Wilco changed your life, or how you're a millionaire and you'll buy me a house if I take you, etc. I know I'm making it sound like I'm giving away a car or something, but I really wanna make this fair and this is the only way I can think of.

Oh and just remember... you have to part with the pass once we are inside so I can take my friend on Wednesday night! And don't try any funny stuff!

Just from checking out the board, I realize that a lot of real Wilco fans won't be able to attend ANY night of the "complete Wilco," whether it be because of high demand or those evil ticket brokers. I know how upset I was after not scoring any tickets during the musictoday presale, and I feel that no Wilco fan shouldn't miss these shows, so I have an offer to make.

I scored 2 5-day passes myself, and have found 4 major-to-casual Wilco fans to accompany me to 4 of those shows. I have other people to consider for the other night, but frankly, it wouldn't matter much to them if they seen one of these shows or not. As much as I love turning people on to new music, I'll wait until the next Auditorium show to try to convert someone new into a Wilco fan.

So what I'm trying to say is, on Tuesday, February 19th, I'd love for one of you fans to join me! And I don't mean you have to pay me the $100 that people on Stubhub feel is the right price, you can come for free!

But here is the catch. I'd appreciate it if it was somebody that did not score ANY tickets whatsoever for this. If you have tickets for Friday and Saturday and would just like to score a free ticket to Tuesday night, sorry but I'd rather give someone else the opportunity. Not like I'd know either way... but come on guys its the holidays!

So I guess the only fair way to do this is, either reply to this message or PM me and tell me why you think this ticket should be yours. Be creative. Explain how big of a fan you are, or how Wilco changed your life, or how you're a millionaire and you'll buy me a house if I take you, etc. I know I'm making it sound like I'm giving away a car or something, but I really wanna make this fair and this is the only way I can think of.

Oh and just remember... you have to part with the pass once we are inside so I can take my friend on Wednesday night! And don't try any funny stuff!

so sweet a chicago holiday treat! kindness kudos all-around :)

Can you please email me?

I really would love to go, and for many reasons I can outline for you.

I would be flying out from London.

And visiting my family in Wisconsin afterwards.

This would be the whole world to me.

Can you send me a message via this board and I will email you?

Thank you

Rebecca

I would love to go for a variety of reasons:

1. I spent five hours on the presale and regular sale days to no avail. Ticketmaster was not very helpful at all.

2. I would like to see Wilco for the first time in their hometown.

3. I'm a really good guy and would be happy to buy you an adult or other beverage. I THINK my wife and daughter would attest to the good guy thing.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to say thank you and you are awesome for being so kind!!! It is great to see there are still kind, generous people in the world. I'm betting it will be a tough choice! Good Luck to everyone trying for this!!! :) Again, thank you for being an awesome person!!! This post brightened my day and faith in mankind!

I cannot take advantage of this very kind offer, but I gotta say...

You are very kind and doing a way cool thing.

Hopefully karma works, 'cause you deserve groovy things for this.

Again, thank you for being an awesome person!!! This post brightened my day and faith in mankind!

It's not often you brighten somebody's day AND strengthen their faith in mankind. I feel like some sort of cheesy superhero.

Thanks to everyone who responded or patted me on the back. I'm happy to say I picked the person who will be joining me. I wish I had a ticket for everybody who wanted to come, but I'm lucky I got these 2!

Maybe karma does work, because the not only does the "chosen one" seem like a great person, but she offered me her eternal friendship and even a T-shirt!