• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Clinton's healthcare plan better, but Obama's might be more politically feasible. I liked Kucinich's (single payer) plan the best. Nuanced domestic policy differences don't necessarily mean that much for Presidential candidates, though, as any legislation requires a lot of compromise.

Any way you look at it, health care is a major issue and needs to be addressed. Either way, a Democrat will at least try and solve this mess (and this goddam war) before President McCain will. Vote Democratic!! Time for some sort of change for sure.

LouieB

I was planning to vote for Obama, but I feel Hillary tugging at my soul. I don't really know what I'll do until I get in the booth.

I love them both. I'm just trying to decide which one of them has a better shot at beating McCain.

I love them both. I'm just trying to decide which one of them has a better shot at beating McCain.

I've heard a lot of Republican voters saying they'll vote Obama. McCain might just get served up for lunch by his own party.

Shit. Due to the unhelpfulness of the polls not opening until noon, I might not get a chance to vote tomorrow.

Shit. Due to the unhelpfulness of the polls not opening until noon, I might not get a chance to vote tomorrow.

Find a way, Dan. This time it's just too important. :thumbup

Any way you slice it, tomorrow ought to be fascinating. I haven't been this politically excited in years!

For you undecided Dems, here's some perspective from one of our esteemed conservative members. (And I do mean that UW. Really!)

as i see it:

the republicans abandoned conservative principles with their political victories, which had given them a sense of entitlement. they arrogantly decided to move the political fence to create a bigger political yard for themselves. they worked to attract moderates in a foolish power grab and alienated true conservatives (such as me) from their ranks and caused many to leave the party. what passes as the GOP now is a total joke. republicans sabotaged themselves with greed and corruption.

we then get bush spending our money like a teenager with his dad's credit card and a war we had no business starting. we get bigger government and a blind eye turned towards our nations economy.

THAT my friends, is NOT conservatism. the conservative philosophy is not to blame. what is to blame for the last 8 years is the ineptness of those running the GOP. but it sure would help if the democrats had a freakin' plan. i'm so pissed off at the GOP, i'll pretty much agree to almost anything but what the Huckabee's and the Romney's of the world have to offer.

therefore, Obama is getting my serious consideration. the two party system has long been broken.

:-O

Man. I need to get to the eye doctor, 'cuz I thought for a second there you were thinking of voting for Obama. Pretty funny, huh?

no sir, that's the truth.

if he gets the nomination and thompson doesn't get the GOP nod (which he won't).

obama will be my front-runner.

That seems like a pretty good barometer of what's going on on the other side of the aisle.

Bjorn- What's up with your polling place? Noon? That doesn't seem right.

Hillary can't go into a debate with him and talk about the war. He'll eat her up.

1) She voted for it. How can she complain.

2) She'll try the same excuse about thinking her vote gave Bush limited authority, etc. Barack didn't really go after her the other night at the debate/love-fest, but McCain will be able to counter with 'if you can't figure out the resolution, you aren't fit to be commander in chief.' And he'd be right.

McCain will go after Barack on the timeline, with his 'we can't tell the enemy how long they need to lay in the weeds and wait' line. That's pretty strong, but BO* made a pretty good point about that the other night - we need to let the Iraqi gov't know we're serious about not staying forever, and they need to get their house in order NOW. Barack can go after McCain on how the war has taken our eye of the terrorism ball and Bin Laden is still alive because of it. Al Queda has an operation in Iraq, which they didn't before. The war has made us less safe.

Game, set, match to Obama.

*He has crappy initials. The fact that his middle name is Hussein doesn't help either.

It's been many years since I've felt genuinely inspired by a candidate. Obama has my vote, and my hopes.

:cheekkiss

Bjorn - looks like most will stay open until 9pm, so that might work. If there is one near your office that isn't where you're supposed to vote can you vote on a provisional ballot there instead?

Edit: Just to be clear, the kissy smiley was for Donna. No offense.

McCain has been getting pretty grandiose with his promises lately. The whole 'I WILL get Osama, I'll follow him to the gates of Hell' thing is a little far-out. Even though that would be fine with me ( following him to Hell).

McCain has been getting pretty grandiose with his promises lately. The whole 'I WILL get Osama, I'll follow him to the gates of Hell' thing is a little far-out. Even though that would be fine with me ( following him to Hell).

McCain is insane.

(Now there's a chant-able campaign slogan. I said it first, so I want credit as it sweeps the nation.)

If he does get the job I hope he follows through and does get him. Just a little head's up for the senior Senator from Arizona; Osama bin Laden - he's NOT in Iraq! If we'd have sent all the troops that were in Iraq to Afghanistan to begin with, the problem would have been taken care of. Well, as much as we can. It's not going to go away no matter what we do. We aren't fighting a traditional enemy.

If he does get the job I hope he follows through and does get him. Just a little head's up for the senior Senator from Arizona; Osama bin Laden - he's NOT in Iraq! If we'd have sent all the troops that were in Iraq to Afghanistan to begin with, the problem would have been taken care of. Well, as much as we can. It's not going to go away no matter what we do. We aren't fighting a traditional enemy.

If it comes to that...a McCain presidency...I also wish him the best of luck. But I think (and hope!) that by now we all realize that removing a figurehead, powerful as he may be, doesn't remove the problem. Bin Laden's exit from the planet isn't going to cure the deeper rift. We need a new mindset on this, to make any progress.

It's truly mind-blowing when you consider that just 6 months ago McCain was dunzo if you believe anything that the media tells you. I don't know if the party is in that much disarray or what. But this is why I'm such a junkie for this stuff. This time we really just don't have a clue what's gonna happen. God, it's still 9 months until the general! :blink