Wow, the Iowa caucus is tomorrow.....it's here folks, it's finally here.......I thought I would start a thread for predictions, discussion, etc.......

It's going to be interesting.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am voting Democrat, and am excited to see how the race unfolds, I am more interested to see how the GOP shapes up......I really despise all of the Republican contenders (except Paul) - big shock there - but for very different reasons. From week to week I change my mind on who would be the worst person to be nominated.

Romney - his game show host persona and his insincere pandering to the GOP base. Gross.

McCain - lost all credibility in my eyes when it came to the torture issue. He used to be a somewhat respected moderate, in my eyes, and now licks Bush's boots. I think he may also be slightly senile at this point.

Giuliani - oh forget it.

Huckabee - I can't stand how he uses his religious background as his main selling point. I am all for people having a strong religious/spiritual foundation.....but he throws around Christianity like Giuliani throws around 9/11.....it feels phony and tacky.

Paul - the only one who I even remotely like, for speaking truth on the war. However, his domestic policies would be ruinous. I really do hope he makes a good showing.

Pretty sure the Michigan primaries aren't counting this year anyway, so take your time.

They're not. The party leaders in this state are morons.

The whole election process should be condensed to about three months. We shouldn't even have to start talking about this until July or so. Oh well.

Indeed. It makes perfect sense. Why do we need certain states to tell us who's "electable"?
I think it has to do with it being easier for candidates to get all up in the faces of a select few than it would be for them to pimp themselves to the entire nation. They are able to make themselves available for in depth "getting to know you" to a better percentage of the deciders this way?

your point makes sense - but they have to do the same thing for the national election - stumping across the nation. Push the primary back until June - then have a national primary and then general election in November. Nationwide pimping will commence shortly. ;)

I won’t waste time speculating the outcome of the primaries or the general election, however, I will make one prediction. Irrespective of who is elected – very little to nothing of great importance will change.

This was my thinking when I voted for Nader in 2000. I figured Gore had the election in the bag anyway--and thought Bush seemed like a benign enough nitwit at the time that he couldn't do much damage if elected. And I thought Gore ran an awful campaign, so I voted for Nader largely as a "statement" vote about my ambivalence to the whole thing.

Things didn't work out so well. I don't entirely disagree with your cynicism about the two major parties, but in my mind there certainly is such a thing as the lesser of two evils, if that's how you choose to look at it.

you think bill clinton and al gore are like george w bush and dick cheney??

you think jimmy carter is like ronald reagan??

you think nancy pelosi is like newt gingrich??

you think barack obama is like rudy guiliani??

I'll never understand this line of thought. its what cost us the last two elections.

Other than cosmetically, for the most part, no.

As for Bush and Co.