• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nationwide primary.....that's my vote.

Seconded.

And I predict that all of the recent seemingly-daily election polls will (again) be wrong & the media will carp about how the Iowa polls were flawed and skewed and they asked the wrong people who didn't vote anyway blah blah blah..., and then start breathlessly reporting on the election polls for the next round of primaries. :frusty

If you take away the Iowa caucus/primary, all we'll have left is the Field of Dreams. No state can survive on the Field of Dreams alone.

Ummm. In all actuality, Iowa being a leader in anything is straight up wrong. We're all white, all Christian, and at least half in-bred. How can we choose anything?

if you expect giant leaps forward from the leader of 300 million citizens then i dont know what to do for you.

you also got protection under many federal acts didnt you?? you think President Clintons attitude towards gays is anything like Bush one or two then Im not sure what to think.

Their personal views amount to very little if, in the end, their policies are, for all intents and purposes, the same.

i think its insane of course but 80 percent of the american public does not want gays in the military or being married. simple fact.

i think gay folks not being able to be married and the ballot initiatives of 04 are one of the biggest disgraces in US history

that being said, how do you expect any politician to go against 80 percent whether they are right or wrong?? and should they??

Nancy Pelosi lost me when she said, "impeachment is off the table."

You said something there sister. :thumbup

Nancy Pelosi lost me when she said, "impeachment is off the table."

Dude, they can't even get enough votes to stop the war funding.

Dude, they can't even get enough votes to stop the war funding.

Not to mention passing SCHIP. :ohwell

Yep. The Dems victory in '06 was a step, but not a step far enough. Now they just look like they can't get anything done.

I think it would be nice if the conventions actually had any effect/purpose anymore.

that being said, I'm voting for ction as a write-in. He may not preserve a stable America for my children's children, and he may have a wee-wee that looks like a hammerhead shark sperm, but he's made me laugh out loud today at least half a dozen times, and he would usher in the very first cabinet with a Snodgrass, and that's the kind of thing I'm looking for in a president these days.

Speaking as an Iowan:

The argument about why small states decide the candidates for office is the same argument about the electoral college. It forces politicians to listen to states that get no say in the day to day running of the government (Iowa's medicare reimbersment's are the lowest in the country). So a nation wide primary would make the decisionsby the whole electorate less informed. If someone who was not an Iowan came here for this two year long election crap, they would see how much information is disseminated giving us Iowan's a chance to make an informed decision.

That said:

Obama for the dems, the tiny elf man told his supporters to go to obama at the caucuses, followed by Hilary.

Huckabee for the Gop, as some one else said we are all white and basically christian, followed by Mit, the Rudy.

Ron Paul comes in a surprising 4.

Without the electoral college and the caucus system, the only four states anyone running for president would give a crap about are California, Texas, Florida and maybe New York.

Obama for the dems, the tiny elf man told his supporters to go to obama at the caucuses, followed by Hilary.
I keep forgetting that I read about this earlier. I think it's a cool move.
I keep forgetting that I read about this earlier. I think it's a cool move.

I know......I was happy about that one. I voted for Kucinich in 2004......but because I am not much a Hillary fan, I am voting for Obama. I had been pretty torn on this since elf man probably best represents my positions. Now that he has given the nod to Obama? I don't feel as bad. :)

He said Obama won't win because of his middle name.

oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Less than 24 hours until Ron Paul gets 3% of the vote and his supporters still talk about the "revolution".

Carter had 3% of the vote in Dec. '75. Just for the sake of argument.