• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, here's a little $650 billion dollar difference:

The deficit was resolved under President Bill Clinton, when the U.S. budget showed a $236 billion dollar surplus. Last year's budget deficit was $413 billion.

Does the President have to pay White House utilities, or is that included in his/her (over my dead body) benefits package? Is the President allowed to have a roommate? Can he/she (dear christ no) sublet?

I don't think it's fair to expect the president to have to pay the full rent for the Whitehouse. Christ he/she only spends a couple nights a month there at most! Especially the cable bill. And gas prices being what they are? Forget about it.

Does the President have to pay White House utilities, or is that included in his/her (over my dead body) benefits package? Is the President allowed to have a roommate? Can he/she (dear christ no) sublet?

More importantly, how do the candidates feel about The Devil Wears Prada?

Transparency, Accountability, and Ethics in Washington

Senate Democrats passed comprehensive ethics and lobbying reform. Americans have sent a clear message that unethical and illegal behavior in government will no longer be tolerated. Democrats responded by making ethics reform their first priority in the 110th Congress. In January, the Senate passed S.1, the Legislative Transparency and Accountability Act of 2007, which would strengthen internal Senate rules regarding gifts and travel, slow the

More importantly, how do the candidates feel about The Devil Wears Prada?

You voters are mean.

You should start a thread to find out.

can you all please keep your sarcastic wankery out of my politics thread? :angry

:P

I don't think it's fair to expect the president to have to pay the full rent for the Whitehouse. Christ he/she only spends a couple nights a month there at most! Especially the cable bill. And gas prices being what they are? Forget about it.

You forgot to include this post in your behind-reddening.

Ralph Nader can burn in the pits of hell. He is human garbage. IMO

You obviously don't know the first fucking thing about Ralph Nader.

He said some stupid things during the 2000 election, and there's a small chance that his candidacy cost Gore the White House -- and that's obviously a major issue -- but that's where my quibble with Nader ends. Read up on his career sometime and educate yourself.

Your life is better because of Ralph Nader. The fact that you call him "human garbage" just proves how woefully ignorant you are.