Shins Crandall, girlfriend arrested for domestic assault

She was a former America's Next Top Model contestant.

(Yes, I know my television habits are terrible.)

Regardless of what you think of her, it sounds like she acted in self-defense. She shouldn't have been arrested for that.

Guest Speed Racer
I don't get it, the type of band somone is in should define their lifestyle and habits?

So...previous posters swipe the way the model writes, I poke fun (dry humor, by the way, not a lifestyle critique) at the Shin for his choice of women and I'm taken seriously?

That being said, as for her being arrested as well, remember that you've only heard her side of the story. While she may well not have not anything wrong, a loud, (drunk? I can't recall) belligerent female with bruises next to a man with bite marks who is also loud, drunk and belligerent still leaves a bit to be worked out.

Yeah. There's more to blogs than MP3s and industry chatter. This one is very smart and often hilarious.

And sometimes it has excellent photography.

Yeah, I check it out, too. I don't know if I'd say I "follow" it, though, since I had not heard of this incident.

So sad.

Elyse's blog really is good; it's a kind of travelogue/photo essay/expose of the modeling world. She's lived and worked in Asia since being on ANTM and has had quite a bit of modeling success there for a former reality star.

I think she's posted previously that she and Marty had been together since she was in high school; if I recall correctly, he was slightly older and working at a record store when they met.

So sad.

Elyse's blog really is good; it's a kind of travelogue/photo essay/expose of the modeling world. She's lived and worked in Asia since being on ANTM and has had quite a bit of modeling success there for a former reality star.

I think she's posted previously that she and Marty had been together since she was in high school; if I recall correctly, he was slightly older and working at a record store when they met.

Yep. Elyse has had quite a bit of post-America's Next Top Model success, at least compared to some of the other girls -- winners included.

Looks like she locked the blog entry, which is probably a good thing until this mess gets settled. I was reading the TWoP boards, and it doesn't seem as though the Shins have issued a statement or anything. That kind of surprises me -- and honestly make me a little suspicious, because most of the online reports were culled from her blog. You think they'd want to do some damage control.

You think they'd want to do some damage control.

Maybe they figure since their fans have stuck with them through consistently lackluster live performances and an album that is 99% production tricks/1% songcraft they can get away with anything.

Looks like she locked the blog entry, which is probably a good thing until this mess gets settled. I was reading the TWoP boards, and it doesn't seem as though the Shins have issued a statement or anything. That kind of surprises me -- and honestly make me a little suspicious, because most of the online reports were culled from her blog. You think they'd want to do some damage control.

Sub Pop released this statement:

Marty Crandall and his ex-girlfriend Elyse Sewell were both arrested over the weekend following an argument at a Sacramento hotel which resulted in hotel staff calling the police.

They were both taken into police custody and released over the weekend.

There will be no further comment at this time and we would appreciate their privacy being respected.