• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Runaway Jim

Yes it was!! :thumbup

The IMDB boards have some interesting stuff on them. Some are saying Trinity (which is ridiculous), some are saying Quinn, Anton, Vacation Killers. Some are saying it was Trinity's son, who we haven't even met yet.

There are also theories about the physics of the scene - Deb was shot in the back yet leaning against or nearly against her car? The shot came from behind Deb but then who ever took their shit came from behind Lundy? Two person job? Did Lundy see the shooter or just see someone he recognized? Did he see someone he recognized that wasn't the shooter, making them a witness? So much stuff...

This is really getting to be a lot of fun trying to figure out. I need to rewatch that scene. Clearly.

So it's pretty much been decided that Trinity killed Lundy and shot Deb? I'm not convinced yet.. In the preview for the next episode, to me it looked that they were going to build on Quinn being a dirty cop (Dexter seeing him at that night club). Lundy DID look surprised when he saw the killer.. Quinn maybe?? Eh? Eh? Or am I way off, and just hoping for a twist?

But yeah, the last episode was also filled with way too much Rita drama "Dexter, just talk to me.. blah blah blah"... C'mon, less whining, more killing!!

So it's pretty much been decided that Trinity killed Lundy and shot Deb? I'm not convinced yet.. In the preview for the next episode, to me it looked that they were going to build on Quinn being a dirty cop (Dexter seeing him at that night club). Lundy DID look surprised when he saw the killer.. Quinn maybe?? Eh? Eh? Or am I way off, and just hoping for a twist?

But yeah, the last episode was also filled with way too much Rita drama "Dexter, just talk to me.. blah blah blah"... C'mon, less whining, more killing!!

I'm getting sooooo frustrated with Rita. She wants to resolve every damn thing with marriage counseling. "Oh Dexter, you told me it was 6:54 when it's 6:56! We need counseling to get back to being honest."

They're definitely making it seem like there's no question about Trinity being the killer, though I'm not sure if it will end up being him. They may just be trying to throw us for a loop. I'm definitely interested to see what happens with Quinn too, but I don't think he'll be the shooter.

I'm getting sooooo frustrated with Rita. She wants to resolve every damn thing with marriage counseling. "Oh Dexter, you told me it was 6:54 when it's 6:56! We need counseling to get back to being honest."

They're definitely making it seem like there's no question about Trinity being the killer, though I'm not sure if it will end up being him. They may just be trying to throw us for a loop. I'm definitely interested to see what happens with Quinn too, but I don't think he'll be the shooter.

Here's a hope that Rita killed Lundy and shot Deb. Then Dex can kill her.

Guest Runaway Jim

Here's a hope that Rita killed Lundy and shot Deb. Then Dex can kill her.

Either that or she starts dating Quinn so we can see her topless too.

And there is no way that Trinity killed Lundy/shot Deb. No Way.

Either that or she starts dating Quinn so we can see her topless too.

And there is no way that Trinity killed Lundy/shot Deb. No Way.

unfortunately, rita has lost too much weight and is too skinny now. she's a great actress, just plays so bad in this role. i never remember disliking her so much on the other seasons.

btw-it's quinn. the payoff this season is gonna be great! dex takes care of quinn and trinity. now, when will deb find out about him? she's a bit annoying too.

Good episode last night. Loved the twist at the end with Dexter killing an innocent man... That was a first.

Yeah, I really hope Dexter gets a reason to kill Quinn. Better yet, I hope he gets a reason to kill Rita.. But that's just wishful thinking. :lol

unfortunately, rita has lost too much weight and is too skinny now. she's a great actress, just plays so bad in this role. i never remember disliking her so much on the other seasons.

btw-it's quinn. the payoff this season is gonna be great! dex takes care of quinn and trinity. now, when will deb find out about him? she's a bit annoying too.

Dex is SOOO going to reveal himself to Deb. She will eventually get to close to his secrets. Plus, if Dex reveals himself to Deb & plays up the "gonna get trinity because he killed lundy" angle, she'll buy it

I reckon Dex will reveal himself to Deb too. It might not be this season, but it will come. The indications, from the last episode, were that Deb has called a halt to investigating her father's past.

I can't see Trinity being Lundy's killer after the last ep either. He was too much of a mess to bump off the deer, which underlined the fact that if somethign doesn't fit his murdering template (bath, jump, hammer) then he won't do it.

The scene from a few episodes ago when Trinity insulted the guy in order to get himself beat up still hasn't been explained though...

Guest Runaway Jim

The scene from a few episodes ago when Trinity insulted the guy in order to get himself beat up still hasn't been explained though...

I'm not sure what to think about that. My original theory has been that Trinity is killing his sister, mother and father, repeatedly. When I saw that scene, I thought he was trying to get himself bludgened to death, making him the "father killing" victim and ending his cycle/life. And that possibly, he was reinacting the moment his father was bludgened to death. Perhaps his father was killed in a bar fight. I don't know. But then he went and bludgened that other guy, effectively ruining that theory.

I still hold that he is reinacting his own sister, mother and father's deaths, and I think that was pretty well sured up when Dexter discovered Trinity's family history online. I don't think that Trinity killed his family, but that after they all died, he started reinacting their deaths by killing other people. He then leaves their ashes at the scene. Maybe it makes him feel close to them even though they're gone or something. So maybe his sister drowned, or killed herself, or cut her artery shaving, in the bathtub, causing her mother to jump to her death in grief, and that one or both of those things lead Trinity's father to drink and he got himself killed in a bar fight.

I can't wait for the dialogue between Dex and Trinity when Dex has him saran-wrapped to the table. Should be about the best moment in the history of the show, I think.

I'm not sure what to think about that. My original theory has been that Trinity is killing his sister, mother and father, repeatedly. When I saw that scene, I thought he was trying to get himself bludgened to death, making him the "father killing" victim and ending his cycle/life. And that possibly, he was reinacting the moment his father was bludgened to death. Perhaps his father was killed in a bar fight. I don't know. But then he went and bludgened that other guy, effectively ruining that theory.

Hmmm, after seeing that scene I was immediately reminded of a scene in Dirty Harry in which the killer (Scorpio) pays to get himself beat up, in order to have evidence of abuse that he could pin on the police. I thought this might translate to Trinity, but it didn't fit because Trinity doesn't have to blame anything on the police.... yet.

Reading your theory sparked another thought off. Trinity is a Deacon, a religious man, so whilst he is seeking tribute/vengence of some kind for re-enacting the deaths of his sister, mother and father, he must also be in a moral theological tangle with the Guy upstairs after committing those acts. Which could mean Trinity's own beatings are his penance for all his wrong-doings?

Anyway, the big question is: who is the coffin for?

Guest Runaway Jim

Anyway, the big question is: who is the coffin for?

Rita?!?!?!?

But really, I'm thinking it's for Trinity himself. I don't know why really, other than that I just feel like he's ready to die or something.

I think it's for Dexter.

But somehow, Trinity will end up in it.

I still want to believe that it was Anton who shot Deb and Lundy, but I figure they probably would have had him make an appearance or two in the last couple of episodes if they were going to eventually reveal him as the shooter, so now I'm losing my confidence that it was him.

When I saw that scene, I thought he was trying to get himself bludgened to death, making him the "father killing" victim and ending his cycle/life. And that possibly, he was reinacting the moment his father was bludgened to death.

I was thinking that too. Lundy kept saying Trinity had returned "home" with these killings, I was thinking he was trying to get himself killed, ending the cycle perfectly.

Obviously he is deeply conflicted, a serial murderer/deacon?

I'm thinking the coffin is for himself. Trinity will figure out who Dexter is & Dex will kill him.

Dex's last murder was too rushed, he didn't investigate/stalk him enough to make sure.

Dex's last murder was too rushed, he didn't investigate/stalk him enough to make sure.

True, but I think he'll catch a break when the assistant provides proof that it was the photographer who killed those women. The assistant was just disposing of the bodies for his boss (what's an assistant for, anyway?). Now that the photographer has disappeared, the assistant will probably figure that his boss has fled the country, so he'll tell the cops everything.

This close call will let Dexter off the hook as far as his "code," but serve as a warning that he needs to be more diligent in his research for future killings.