:lol I'm really sick of Rita ... wish Dexter had never married her.

ugggh, I hate Rita!

I love how Dexter kept his apartment. Was that ever explained?

I never considered the fact that it may not have been Trinity that shot Deb & Lundy. It makes sense though, you would think that Trinity only makes precise killings with lots of planning, everything would be thrown off to him to shoot two people.

I'm thinking Anton is the shooter now too.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After catching up with this season, here is my take on the latest cliffhanger...

I really think that Lundy HAS to live. Deb clearly loves her current boyfriend (whatever his name), by killing her "true love" it would make for a really awkward story dynamic, Deb having to fall back in love with her 2nd choice? Seems like an odd dynamic to add.

On the flip side...

Maybe Debs boyfriend is the shooter, or even the....dun dun duhhhh Vacation Killer!!!!!!!

the first episode was good. 2 and 3 were just really corny. all of dex's interactions with his family and neighbors is just so bad. i love lundy, but deb's love life has become tiresome. the last episode was a bit better, especially since dex got a good clean kill in :)

Guest Runaway Jim

I think it was Anton who shot Deb and Lundy ... but maybe that's just what they want me to think.

I think it was the Vacation Killers. Anton is too obvious and there's no way it's Trinity. Deb and Lundy appeared like a couple vacationing - they were at a hotel.

I think Lundy should be dead too. Keith Carradine has been great, but his character is just in the way at this point. His purpose has been served at this point - he's sparked interest/leads in the Trinity killings and has fucked up Deb's life. He may go now...

I think it was the Vacation Killers. Anton is too obvious and there's no way it's Trinity. Deb and Lundy appeared like a couple vacationing - they were at a hotel.

That's an interesting thought.

Guest Runaway Jim

Also, I'm having a hard time getting a feel for what's going on with Trinity. I get the feeling he's returned home to die and he'll be his own last victim. Hence, him trying to get that dude to beat the shit out of him. But that also seemed like he was trying to recreate something. Maybe an interaction he'd had with his father that lead to him bludgening his father to death? And then he killed his mom (middle aged woman suicide) and sister (girl in bathtub).

I don't know. Just some speculation.

There is no way Anton is the shooter. It would be a revisit in sorts to Deb's boyfriend in season 1, who turned out to be the Ice Truck Killer. So all thoughts of Anton being any type of killer (Vacation or otherwise) should be abandoned.

The Deb/Lundy shoot is either 1) Trinity 2) The Vacation killer 3) Some random.

Here are my reason why

Trinity: Obviously cause Lundy was getting too close. Or maybe this killing fits into his larger scheme of killings. We don't know for sure what the third killing is all about, so maybe this is it.

The Vacation Killer: Only as an easy plot device and a poor one IMO.

Some random: Hey Miami is a violent place, people are murdered all the time. I think this would interesting just to make it a bit more real and bring something else in to the fold, and make Dex think something more then it is. Though probably not likely, do to the unsatisfactory nature of its non-resolution.

And Lundy totally dead, like Wild Bill.

Guest Runaway Jim

First of all, there is no way it's Trinity. Not a chance. It doesn't fit his MO or code. Dexter has his code, Trinity has his. I'm not sure what the hell is up with Trinity, but there is no way he gunned down the FBI agent that's hunting him. No way. If it turns out it was him, I'll be very disappointed.

Secondly, why would the vacation killers be a plot device? That is the case Deb is supposed to be working on. Instead, she's working on the Trinity case because she still loves Lundy.

Lastly, I don't think it can be someone random. Name one thing that's happened on Dexter that was random? Things have always been very oddly connected on the show.

Personally, I didn't really like that ending to the episode. It was shocking, yes, and that's cool, but I just don't see where it's going to go that I'll like.

I recently finished the first season. Great show. I'm a fan of the movie American Psycho, and I think the writer of Dexter is as well. Dex even used the name Patrick Bateman as an alias. My friend Greg made the opening sequence for this show, I think he did some awesome work.

SPOILER BELOW~~

the last two episodes have been less corny, but the marriage stuff is just so cheesy and unreal.

now, i bet you a million bucks that QUIN shot lundy and deb. dex will have a showdown with trinity by episode 8 and 9-10 will be dex giving quin what he deserves. i don't like him at all. oh yeah, deb will fall in love with quin first though.

I recently finished the first season. Great show. I'm a fan of the movie American Psycho, and I think the writer of Dexter is as well. Dex even used the name Patrick Bateman as an alias. My friend Greg made the opening sequence for this show, I think he did some awesome work.

your buddy did the opening for dexter? i must say it is totally amazing and compelling time and time again. i watch it every time i watch the show. so great. when he fries up that piece of ham and eats it...so great.

I like the Quinn idea. We know he's a dirty cop.

Did anyone else groan as soon as Rita cottoned on to Dex's crash pad? I just knew that ten minutes of earache would ensue, accompanied by the crying sprog soundtrack. I also liked the way that when Rita said to Dex that he should spend the night at his apartment, Dex's eyes lit up with a kind of 'at last I get some quality killing time' look.

Also, can I start a petition to get rid of Dexter's dad? It was kind of passable in previous seasons because all he did was act as Dexter's moral compass. Now, though, he's a far less believable and easy storyline problem-solving plot device. Dexter will hit a dead end, and up pops dad to tell him the solution, or what to look for, eg the missing tape on Lunday, access to the computer drive, etc. It's fast turning into Randall & Hopkirk Deceased.

I don't mean to sound grouchy, I really like the show, but I just think the writers could help themselves to make it a whole lot better.

Oh, one more suggested improvement: more Massuka, less La Guerta/Batista love shenanigans.

Drifting slightly off-topic. There's a guy in our office, who looks really creepy (and by all accounts actually is really weird out of the office). He's a bit of a lookalike of someone equally weird. His nickname: Scorpio.

Always wanted to walk past his desk singing, "Row, row, row your boat!"

Hopefully Dexter uses this opportunity to call Rita out on her undisclosed first marriage ... seeing how she cares so much about honesty and all.

I'm with Harry on this one ... he never should have married her.

Guest Runaway Jim

Hopefully Dexter uses this opportunity to call Rita out on her undisclosed first marriage ... seeing how she cares so much about honesty and all.

Fuck that. He should just kill her. :P

Guest Runaway Jim

I'm back to thinking it was Anton.

Me too. My first guess was the Vacation Killers, but since that's what all the cops think, I'm guessing it's wrong. And I don't think it's Trinity. So that leaves Anton, maybe? I don't know. But then I think that maybe it actually could have been Trinity. Initially, it didn't seem to match the "code" i thought he might have, but now that we've seen that he has a wife and children, and is apparently a deacon or something (from the next episode preview :( ), maybe he would have just shot the FBI agent hunting him. I don't know.

I don't think it was Quinn, though. I'm not sure what's up with him, but I can't put together why he'd possibly shoot his partner and her (ex)lover.

Loving the hot, topless reporter...

I don't think Quinn had anything to do with the shooting either, the motivation isn't there. Also, if he was going to shoot anyone, it would be Dexter who knows he's a dirty cop, not Deb and Lundy.

I'm not a big fan of the La Buerta/Batista pairing. I must say I was a bit disappointed when they got rid of Batista's love interest from last season Detective Barbara Gianna. They should have let that storyline play out a little longer instead of trotting out the old office romance chestnut.

I don't think it was Quinn, though. I'm not sure what's up with him, but I can't put together why he'd possibly shoot his partner and her (ex)lover.

Ok, clutching at straws time but here's my quickly-made-up take on Quinn's potential motive.

He's lower than a snake's belly. It's a stretch but he might think he's been unfairly left out of Trinity investigations. Most people would complain to their boss, but Quinn seeks dirty justice - it keeps the headlines ticking over, which keeps his hands full with the chesticles of...

the hot, topless reporter

I would suspect the reporter as the killer over Quinn. She has something to gain (a good story) and has already shown she is willing to go to great lengths to get the story.

The big reveal will be when she reports information on one of the murders, and Quinn will realize he didn't tell her that information, and the only way she could have gotten it is if SHE was the killer.

But seriously I initially never considered the killer being anyone but Trinity.

your buddy did the opening for dexter? i must say it is totally amazing and compelling time and time again. i watch it every time i watch the show. so great. when he fries up that piece of ham and eats it...so great.

Yeah, Greg is a very talented cat. I think he nailed the essence of the show. He's also a sick drummer(the original drummer for the metal band Psyopus).

The shooter was someone that Lundy recognized, but not someone that Deb necessarily knew. Perhaps it is someone from Lundy's past, who we have not yet been introduced to yet. Perhaps a jealous lover, or a child he left behind to chase down murderers.

Guest Runaway Jim

The shooter was someone that Lundy recognized, but not someone that Deb necessarily knew. Perhaps it is someone from Lundy's past, who we have not yet been introduced to yet. Perhaps a jealous lover, or a child he left behind to chase down murderers.

I didn't get that feeling at all. I think he was just shocked to see someone holding a gun pointed at Deb.

I'm thinking now it was Quinn.

Deb didn't see the shooter, she was shot in the back & was staring at Lundy. She never turned around.

Lundy definitely had a look like he knew the shooter & was confused.

Quinn was also first on the scene, and they said money, purse were taken.

Maybe he has a drug problem? Maybe he's in with the Vacation Killer?

I think he's manipulating the reporter, to give her leads, away from him.

I'm thinking now it was Quinn.

Deb didn't see the shooter, she was shot in the back & was staring at Lundy. She never turned around.

Lundy definitely had a look like he knew the shooter & was confused.

Quinn was also first on the scene, and they said money, purse were taken.

Maybe he has a drug problem? Maybe he's in with the Vacation Killer?

I think he's manipulating the reporter, to give her leads, away from him.

also, it was quinn who called deb, all excited, that they had found the vacation killers. that was a more than obvious scene indicating that there is something up with Q. he shot lundy and deb. don't know what the motive was though. Quinn maybe in love with Deb. He is so slimy.