• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked the first season of that show, but then it just startedgetting kind of boring.. The first season with Wild Bill etc.,excellent TV...

Yeah the first season was stunning..the 5th episode (I think) of season 1 was maybe the best hour of tv ever. But I think the stories and focus got better once Cy arrived and later as he and the Doc became major figures. Calamity Jane got old pretty fast, she was kinda one-dimensional. I never got tired of Al, Seth, Sol, Alma, Joanie or the others. (Seth and Sol always reminded me of Robbie and Rick circa `The Band`)

I suppose E.B. was tiresome after awhile too, but you need a character to hate on. When Hearst arrived it got more interesting again.

*sorry for threadjack

Yeah the first season was stunning..the 5th episode (I think) of season 1 was maybe the best hour of tv ever. But I think the stories and focus got better once Cy arrived and later as he and the Doc became major figures. Calamity Jane got old pretty fast, she was kinda one-dimensional. I never got tired of Al, Seth, Sol, Alma, Joanie or the others. (Seth and Sol always reminded me of Robbie and Rick circa `The Band`)

I suppose E.B. was tiresome after awhile too, but you need a character to hate on. When Hearst arrived it got more interesting again.

*sorry for threadjack

TV still needs a good Old West series. Someone should do one about Jesse James, or Billy The Kid.. Or even another series on The Civil War like "The North and South".. If done right, I think it would be a hit.

TV still needs a good Old West series. Someone should do one about Jesse James, or Billy The Kid.. Or even another series on The Civil War like "The North and South".. If done right, I think it would be a hit.

Check out the Lonesome Dove miniseries with Robert Duvall if you haven`t seen it. Mind you that was twenty years ago, umm yeah we need some new ones.

Guest Runaway Jim

Check out the Lonesome Dove miniseries with Robert Duvall if you haven`t seen it. Mind you that was twenty years ago, umm yeah we need some new ones.

I don't think Lonesome Dove can be topped. Duvall's the man. And Diane Lane is so gorgeous.

Oh yeah...not much of a tv person but that is the best series I've ever seen. Superb production, writing, acting, music, everything. Hence my avatar...

yeah, i was being a bit sarcastic. some other dude on here as EB as their avatar. was that you? btw, amazing show!

• 3 weeks later...

How'd everyone like sunday night's episode? I'm glad they didn't turn the body parts into anything big. I feel like it would have been way too early in the season for him to get caught up in any mess like that.

I know, I wasn't even worried about it. I knew he must have gotten rid of them somehow.

I love Lundy & how weary Dexter is of him.

I know, I wasn't even worried about it. I knew he must have gotten rid of them somehow.

I love Lundy & how weary Dexter is of him.

That's exactly what i told everyone too! And yes, Lundy's intricate "good" mind provides a very nice counter to Dexter's intricate "evil" mind.

We just finished season 2 via Netflix. I really love this show.

Took me quite a while to warm up to Deb, but now I like her. She delivered what may be my favorite line of the whole series so far, in one of the last episodes of the second season.

Yeah I love love this show too. Deb's line, was it the one about Lila on a broom stick maybe..?

Deb does have a way with words. :lol

Going to finish season 3 tonight, so I can start on 4.

The first half of this season 3 was kind of weak IMO, but man the last few episodes have been intense!

A little disappointed to find out who the Skinner was.. I thought for sure it was going to be someone important, but I guess in a way it was.. Was Miguel helping the Skinner all along?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally all caught up and watched the latest season 4 episode last night.. Holy crap.. Lundy dead?? I know Deb will pull through (no way they will kill her off).. But still.. If it was Trinity that shot them, Dexter is going to be pissed...

That was quite the ending on the last episode. I guess if Lundy doesn't make it, it's going to be up to Deb and Dexter to find Trinity. Either way, I think we can safely assume that Dexter is going to be more active in the Trinity case as the season progresses. I'm sure Trinity will be looking into Deb's background now, after the shooting, and this should lead to some interesting interactions between him and Dex down the road.

As for Lundy, I'm still not convinced that he is dead. He is the guiding force of the whole Trinity storyline after all, and he provides conflict for Deb's character, as well as making Dexter nervous. I think it would be better for the story to have him alive. I could see them having him recuperating in the hospital for a while, leaving Deb--with Dexter's help--to take up the slack. And maybe he'd be back in action a few episodes later. We'll see soon enough.

Apart from the ending, I thought this episode was a bit lame. It didn't really move the story along at all and just seemed to get side-tracked with Dexter finding his murderous mojo again. It was mainly filler for me. I am a fan of the show, but I was hoping they would start ratcheting up the creepiness and tension of Trinity.

Am I alone in thinking that the ending was a bit 'tacked-on'? It felt a bit extreme and out of context compared to that episode's other content. And then I got to thinking that maybe, due to the timing and aftermath of his half-brother's wardrobe-altercation, they needed to do a hasty rewrite and get Keith Carradine out of the show temporarily/permanently?

I think it was Anton who shot Deb and Lundy ... but maybe that's just what they want me to think.

I expect Lundy to be dead by the start of the next episode ... he compiled so many notes on Trinity over the years, it'll give Deb and/or Dexter plenty to work from.

Good episode, in my opinion. Despite what m_thomp said, I think there were plenty of elements that moved the story along: Dexter had the epiphany about his family, there were substantive advancements in tracking Trinity, and of course the shocker at the end. If there's one storyline that's not working for me right now, it's the Angel-Laguerta thing, but I'm sure they've got plans for that eventually.

Oddly, I found myself missing Masuka. :lol

Anton was my initial thought too, but hope that it won't be the case as it's so out of character; he's a nice guy!

Oh, I think there was a whole lot of Dexter character development in the episode, but I wanted more movement in the more linear narrative department. In otherwords, crank up the Trinity intensity more, and the ensuing investigations, and stop playing the whining-wife-and-kids card.

With Lundy (seemingly) gone, though, it means Dexter has a bit more liberty. I'm sure we (the audience), and Dexter, thought that Lundy might have an inkling about Dexter's nocturnal hobbies.

Anton was my initial thought too, but hope that it won't be the case as it's so out of character; he's a nice guy!

I wonder. If Anton is such a nice guy, how did he get wrapped up in becoming an informant? We know Quinn is a dirty cop as Dexter called him but Anton was probably in with a bad crowd. Casual weed smokers don't hang around with criminals and drug dealers.