Random Wilco Thought. . . .

what about if you like Wilco and hate Radiohead?

thats my predicament, i teach a theory class to my peers every friday, and when i play them my own songs they keep telling me how much i'd like radiohead, they burned me a CD and i got a headache from all the dissonance

the best musician i ever knew, he graduated last year, listened to nothing but classical music and radiohead

i tried really hard to like them, but i couldn't do it

You can't help but notice that the more people like any band or musician, the more assholes show up at concerts, making them far less enjoyable.

Feist was my darling until snot-nosed, ugg-wearing 16 year olds started coming to her shows.

Maybe it makes me a bitch, too; I definitely think it comes from my discovery of and love for Wilco/Radiohead. I think it's great that the music I listen to is getting more exposure, because the people that make it deserve that. I wish that burgeoning popularity, though, less often made me feel like an illegitimate fan...

*whimper*

pretty damn shallow of me.

I've heard people call Radiohead pretentious but never Wilco and I really dont feel there are any similarities between them, not musically anyway, maybe the way they approach it.

I own all the Radiohead records and i appreciate what they do but they do leave me a little cold, I think there is alot more warmth to Jeff and Wilco