Changing Musical Tastes

I distinctly remember a conversation me and my friend Jeff had in 1986/1987 agreeing that we'd kick the other guy's ass if he still didn't love Metallica when we got older.

So, tell us, was Elton John worth the beat-down?

I distinctly remember a conversation me and my friend Jeff had in 1986/1987 agreeing that we'd kick the other guy's ass if he still didn't love Metallica when we got older.

as far as i'm concerned, that was metallica's fault, not their fans of old.

I no longer enjoy David Bowie

*Single teardrop*

Now obsessed with....

Joy Division- lately, I cannot get enough of this band! Curtis' haunting vocals and lyrics....

Same here. I can't get enough of the film 'Control' as well.

I really really didn't like Beck when he first came on the scene. Now I like Beck.

I used to like Ani DiFranco, then I got my ipod and she kept coming up on shuffle and I'd skip it everytime. Ani is no longer on my ipod. Not a fan anymore.

When I was a kid I thought Bob Dylan was a joke, but Mister Mister was awesome. Still, that's not really an example of changing taste--it's more an example of having no taste at all.

When I was a kid I thought Bob Dylan was a joke, but Mister Mister was awesome. Still, that's not really an example of changing taste--it's more an example of having no taste at all.

i know exactly what you mean. but, those experiences have now made you the person you are today.

i sure do miss the Weezer of old.

oh, what could have been.

Yep, that's another one for me. That last album just completely lost me.

Tori Amos is another one. Used to absolutely love her. Now, she gives me menstrual cramps, even when I don't have my period.

I still like Phish, although not as much as I did in the mid 90s. I put on Story of the Ghost the other night and it made me feel really good. What a great album.

i also had way too much of phish in the 90s. however, i have held on to my copies of rift and story of the ghost. great studio albums all around. def in my top 25 favorite albums.

This is quite a weird topic for me. When I was about 16-17 I used to really like a genre that was supposedly Adult Contemporary, so that would include bands like:

Dave Matthews Band

Matchbox 20

Counting Crows

Third Eye Blind

Barenaked Ladies

Well, you know the types, but now I've aged somewhat I just really don't get those bands anymore and I'm sure I'm more of an adult than I was back then, but who knows?