Changing Musical Tastes

Thought this might be an interesting topic. Here are my choices.

I used to like but.......

Coldplay- I just got really bored of them. Still kind of like the first 2 albums

U2- Bono just grates on my every every nerve whenever I see him on the news with his latest political flavor of the month. Their last few albums have seemed bland as well.

Keane- similiar to Coldplay, liked the first album for a while, then forgot about it.

Starsailor- I think it might be James Walsh's vocals, I just don't like this band anymore

Led Zeppelin- They are a great band, but for me personally, if I would never hear another song by them for the rest of my life, I would be cool with that.

Now obsessed with....

Joy Division- lately, I cannot get enough of this band! Curtis' haunting vocals and lyrics....

My Morning Jacket- when I first heard "At Dawn" I dug it, but its only in the last year or so that I have really, really, really, started to love this band. They are now in my top 5 all-time, and I hope I get to see them live one day.

Ramones- thought of them as a novelty act, but after exploring more of their catalogue, reading DeeDee's autobiography, and seeing "End Of A Century" I really love this band. I think they were one of the most genuine bands.

now obsessed with:

the clash - i used to like a few songs in passing in high school college. and then 5 years ago when joe's album came out i fell in love with it & sort of listened to the clash a bit more. now i'm reading joe's biography & i listen to them everyday.

now obsessed with:

the clash - i used to like a few songs in passing in high school college. and then 5 years ago when joe's album came out i fell in love with it & sort of listened to the clash a bit more. now i'm reading joe's biography & i listen to them everyday.

I can't wait to watch "The Future Is Unwritten".

I listen to the "London Calling" album front to back while on-line Christmas shopping last month. Made that painful process much more enjoyable.

Used to love, but now don't:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

most Eric Clapton solo albums

Never liked, but now do:

Steely Dan

I used to love the Red Hot Chili Peppers, too, but have lost interest. I do agree that "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" is still an excellent listen. That double-album they released a year or two ago? I couldn't get interested in it at all.

I used to dig all the riot grrrrrrl stuff, but aside from a few songs, it just doesn't do much for me anymore. Probably because I'm cranky and middle-aged instead of angry and young.

I used to make a sport of making fun of Morrissey, but I've developed quite an appreciation for The Smiths over the past few years.

ooh, clapton's a good one to add to the 'used to love'. i still enjoy unplugged from time to time but overall i despise him now.

i still love blood sugar sex magic.

"Suck My Kiss" still rocks hard! When my sister first heard that song on the radio she thought he was singing "suck my tits" and she was all offended. It was hilarious.

Back when I was a ute I used to like

1. Phish

2. Barenaked Ladies

3. Aerosmith

4. Weezer

5. Dave Matthews Band (didn't almost every teenager in 1995/6?)

I really don't like any of them anymore. I would used to rush to buy albums by these artist not anymore. I still have my remphish1 user name which I am emotionally attached to though :stunned

I have to come out of lurking for this one . . .

During the mid-late nineties there were these two bands I decided to hate. As in I didn't know the music all that well, but I wasn't going to give them a second thought other than "yuck." Those two bands were Wilco and Son Volt. I kinda like both of them these days.;)

As for bands I no longer listen to:

Bush

Collective Soul

Our Lady Peace

It took me a while to grow out of the 90's alt-rock radio stuff.

Back when I was a ute I used to like

1. Phish

I really don't like any of them anymore.

I still like Phish, although not as much as I did in the mid 90s. I put on Story of the Ghost the other night and it made me feel really good. What a great album.

Use to like..............

Lords of Acid............................and acid for that matter.

And now................

Loudon Wainwright III.........................and spittin' skoal.