87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there was a 3-2 NFL playoff game once. Nope, there wasn't. In the 1970 playoffs, Dallas beat the Lions 5-0. Lowest scoring playoff game ever,

My Dad is a real football buff, and he has some interesting points about the game.. He's picking The Giants to win and here's why:

The Giants are playing their best football right now and the Patriots are not.

The Giants running game can chew up the clock and keep Brady on the sidelines.

The Patriots defense has given up allot of yards in the playoffs.

Brady doesn't like to get hit plus he has a sore ankle.

When the Giants played the Patriots in the last game of the regular season, the Giant defensive line got to him frequently.

Hmm.. He could be on to something, but I'm still picking the Pats.. Although I don't know if they can beat the spread.

The Giants are playing their best football right now and the Patriots are not.

The Giants running game can chew up the clock and keep Brady on the sidelines.

The Patriots defense has given up allot of yards in the playoffs.

Brady doesn't like to get hit plus he has a sore ankle.

When the Giants played the Patriots in the last game of the regular season, the Giant defensive line got to him frequently.

Of course, the bad news for the Giants, the Patriots, even when they are not at their best, are still better than, well, just about everyone else.

Of course, the bad news for the Giants, the Patriots, even when they are not at their best, are still better than, well, just about everyone else.

I agree.. I have actually said something similar to that about Wilco.. "Even their worst songs are much better than a lot of bands best songs"

you think Tiki will be or is disappointed if the Giants

As a Giant fan, I will say WHO GIVES A SHIT? Tiki was overrated as it is, and was a cancer in the locker room. GOOD RIDDANCE!!

My heart: Giants 24-Pats 20 MVP Corey Webster

My head: Pats 31-Giants 20 MVP Tom Brady

Ok, people really want this game to be close...I don't think it will be.

The reason the last game of the season against the Giants and Pats was only close because the Giants ran back a touchdown after a 15 yard penalty on Maroney for "group celebration". The Patriots also didn't want to injure their starters, so I honestly believe they were playing a bit soft.

This Sunday is an entirely different story. The Giants are the surprise of the postseason, but...c'mon...it's the Patriots.

As a Giant fan, I will say WHO GIVES A SHIT? Tiki was overrated as it is, and was a cancer in the locker room. GOOD RIDDANCE!!

So I guess Tiki isnt really a fan favorite in NY. Just wondering. What about Strahan, you happy that he gets to see the Superbowl? It was kinda sketchy how he started so late this year.

I like Tiki still. I don't care if Strahan doesn't show up to training camp. He was good this year!

how long till Jeremy Shockey is traded in the off season?

Not fast enough, IMO. I used to love Shockey, even used to have my own nickname for him: SHOCK THE HONKY. But I'm just sick of him a)crying everytime a ball is not thrown to him B) dropping balls thrown to him and c) laughing when he dropped a ball. Not sure what the Giants would get for him, maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder, but I wouldn't mind him being gone.

The Patriots also didn't want to injure their starters, so I honestly believe they were playing a bit soft.

You don't play an NFL game and play soft. You would get killed. If they didn't want to injure starters, you don't play 'em. And they were playing for something: to be 16-0. That game was more important for the Pats then it was for the Giants.

Not fast enough, IMO. I used to love Shockey, even used to have my own nickname for him: SHOCK THE HONKY. But I'm just sick of him a)crying everytime a ball is not thrown to him B) dropping balls thrown to him and c) laughing when he dropped a ball. Not sure what the Giants would get for him, maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder, but I wouldn't mind him being gone.

It is an interesting perhaps-not-coincidence that Eli has done much better with him out of the lineup. That Boss kid seems to be doing fine.

It's pretty much assured that teams from New York and Boston won't be in the NBA Finals. Also, if you want to see something besides New York and Boston teams in sports finals, you should urge teams from other parts of the country to win more games and - this is just as, if not more, critical - to win in the playoffs.