2008 NFL Champions  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

I'm from New York, and I have long standing family ties with the Giants, but I'm currently in Rhode Island and the Patriots are interesting. I'm torn, but I'm at least hoping the Giants put up a good game, if they win, it'd be good. I'll probably choose at half time which team I'm dedicated to.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

09000d5d806212b3_gallery_600.jpg

14giants_slide3.jpg

09000d5d80620ace_gallery_600.jpg

I think the Patriots are probably a more skilled team than the Giants, but the Giants are meaner and tougher. Should be a good game.

Tougher, tougher?

Bruschi battled back from a stroke, a. stroke! And not only did he regain all his faculties, he

I hope, after the super bowl, pundits start relating obscure sports trivia to the presidential race.

"No Clinton has ever won a super tuesday primary state directly following a New York Giants superbowl win!!"

I actually predicted that the Giants would make it to the Super Bowl and face the Patriots. I'm a big Eli Manning fan and always have been since college, even though he's been questioned from day 1 and never given a fair chance by the media/some fans to develop. That being said I have to say the Patriots will definitely be too much to handle. Hopefully Eli plays a decent game but the Patriots cannot be stopped this season and Brady will not be denied.

I remember watching the Dolphins from the '72-'74 period and they were one hell of an awesome football team - top to bottom. That is all.

The ones who were complaining that he was playing like shit while he was playing like shit?

He's been a decent, not great, but decent quarterback for the majority of his career. They act like he is the worst player in the league.

In all three of New England's Super Bowl wins this decade, all three games have been decided by 3 points or less.

Hopefully history repeats itself and we get a good, close and exciting game.

I don't game who wins, I just want an exciting game, unlike the last 2 Super Snoozers.

He's been a decent, not great, but decent quarterback for the majority of his career. They act like he is the worst player in the league.

He's had some shitty games. Probably the biggest (legitimate) gripe NY fans have with him is that he's inconsistent. It's not so much a matter of him being the worst quarterback evar, but of not meeting potential. Knowing what he is capable of (genetics + some flashes of brilliance on the field) makes it more difficult to forgive him when he sucks. This, of course, from a Redskins fan who until recently has been living in New England and hears about Eli mostly on SportsCenter.

I guess watching Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, Gus Frerotte, Damon Huard, Brian Greise, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Trent Green, John Beck, and Cleo Lemon for the past 8 years has changed my definition of what a shity quarterback is.

I guess watching Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, Gus Frerotte, Damon Huard, Brian Greise, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Trent Green, John Beck, and Cleo Lemon for the past 8 years has changed my definition of what a shity quarterback is.

At least half of those guys played for the Redskins at some point, so I feel your pain.

So Eli Manning is not a shitty quarterback compared to the guys you've watched on the Dolphins. That's a different matter, and I'll buy it. None of those guys played very well while they were on the Dolphins. None of them were #1 overall picks who refused to play for the team that drafted them, either. The Giants, and Giants fans, rightly expect Eli Manning to be more than a "decent" quarterback. Maybe this latest run is the beginning of his emergence as a dominant QB.

I just think it was sort of obnoxious how he made so many demands before anyone even drafted him, was able to decide what team he was going to end up on, and then turned out to be nothing special so far.

Yup. :thumbup

Manning became a subject of my loathing precisely because of that whole draft business. I have rejoiced, and will continue to do so, with every crappy game he plays. He's the #3 reason I'm cheering for the Patriots.

(For the record ... #1 is because I hate the Giants and always have, and #2 is because I want to see the Patriots go 19-0 and deprive the stupid '72 Dolphins of their classless champagne ritual).

I just think it was sort of obnoxious how he made so many demands before anyone even drafted him, was able to decide what team he was going to end up on, and then turned out to be nothing special so far.

A bit like Elway.

He's had some shitty games. Probably the biggest (legitimate) gripe NY fans have with him is that he's inconsistent. It's not so much a matter of him being the worst quarterback evar, but of not meeting potential

He's in his 3rd full year as a starter and is in the Super Bowl. I think he is ahead of the curve of meeting potential.

I can't blame Eli for not wanting to play in San Diego. They have a long history of having their top picks hold out (Rivers didn't sign until week one that year) and Brees was on the roster. They also have a reputation as an unstable franchise (they did fire their coach after a 14-2 season and hire NORV TURNER) and they have been talking about moving for several years.

Tougher, tougher?

Bruschi battled back from a stroke, a. stroke! And not only did he regain all his faculties, he

Bruschi battled back from a stroke, a. stroke!

This is WAY WAY off topic, but seeing this sentence made me wonder:

In this day and age of Performance Enhancing Drug-phobia, why isn't anybody linking a 34 year-old having a stroke with the possibility that this guy was doing something? Is it because he's white? Because he's a Patriot? Becuase he is admired? Just a thought...

And so but wait, what?