Democratic Primary

hillary vs. mccain will be likely be a mccain win, so the polls say.

That would be a real close one, eh? It's entirely possible that it could play out like that. I certainly hope not.

That whole thing with the delegates in MI and FL just bums me out. Now is not the time for petty bs like this imo.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real bummer here is that the people of MI and FLA didn't get the chance to meet the candidates. Once people get the chance to really hear Obama speak and then do some comparing, he starts swaying people. My wife was a strong Hillary supporter until the Iowa victory speech. I spent 1/2 my time watching her face as it slowly went from "hmm" to "WOW!" Hillary doesn't do that for people (well, she does, but the other way around.)

Depending on which of their policies you're comparing, you're either talking apples and oranges or Galas and Golden Delicious. They aren't that far apart on most stuff, so why not go with the one who can not only bring people together, but inspires as well.

Can you tell I just got back from an Obama phone bank? I mainly got answering machines and wrong numbers, so I needed this post to unleash all the convincing I didn't get to use!

Once people get the chance to really hear Obama speak and then do some comparing, he starts swaying people.

There you go. I was watching an interview with some vet political correspondent and he made the telling comment that although he's been covering HRC and Edwards (as well as Obama) and they can definitely inspire, when Barack hits the podium it's hard to remain objective - the energy in the room is just jaw-dropping.

I know I already said something to this effect, but William Bennett (of all people) said the other night after the So. Carolina victory speech how much Obama reminded him of Reagan when speaking. "There's so much lift" I believe was the way he put it. Not the policy or the rhetoric, but the tone. There is something to that which goes beyond party or agenda.

And don't get me started on the experience factor!

Hillary Clinton has sponsored 350 bills since Jan 22, 2001, of which 304 haven't made it out of committee (Very Poor) and 2 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Clinton has co-sponsored 1706 bills during the same time period (Average, relative to peers). Source: www.Govtrack.com

Barack Obama has sponsored 129 bills since Jan 4, 2005, of which 120 haven't made it out of committee (Average) and 1 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Obama has co-sponsored 529 bills during the same time period (Average, relative to peers). Source: www.Govtrack.com

Hillary sits on 12 committees.

Barack sits on 13 committees.

In Illinois: Sponsored 233 bills pertaining to Health Care

Sponsored 125 bills pertaining to Poverty and Public assistance

Sponsored 112 bills pertaining to Crime, Corrections and the Death Penalty

Sponsored 97 bills pertaining to Economy, Business and Finance

Sponsored 62 bills pertaining to Education

Sponsored 60 bills pertaining to Civil and Human Rights

Civil Rights Lawyer, Community Activist, Professor of Constitutional Law... More than 800 bills sponsored in 8 years in Illinois, passing tough Legislation on the Death Penalty, Video taped Interrogations, Health Care, Racial Profiling, Job Skills Training, Campaign Finance Reform, Privacy for Sexual Assault Victims etc...

The man deserves some respect.

hillary vs. mccain will be likely be a mccain win, so the polls say.

If that's the matchup, the Clintons will re-implement the "it's the economy, stupid" strategy and may well win. As long as Iraq/national security takes a back seat to the recession, it's an edge to Hillary.

:monkey :monkey :monkey

im confused

Again, I'm glad you called me on this. I took this from someone else's blog post and really only looked at the ratings, not the numbers. I emailed him to find out (since I don't think I linked to the correct site) if he typed it in wrong or if he knew more about those numbers. He replied saying that he copied it directly from the site and that he too thought it was weird, since they should probably have the same rating. The only thing that he could think of was that maybe they weight it based on seniority.

Either way, the real point here is that Hillary can't lay sole claim to working hard and getting results if they have nearly the same record. The senate is a hard place to get stuff done and, so I've heard, that's why few senators end up president.

Guest Speed Racer

You know, HRC managed to do something in a few short months that the Republican Party had been trying to do for over 8 years: she has made Democrats turn against Bill Clinton. That feat alone should earn her a yellow brick road to the White House.