Democratic Primary

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Former President Bill Clinton said he might have gone too far in attacking Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton said on Friday, adding that both Democratic presidential campaigns should focus on issues. "So we're all going to, on both sides I think, you know, try to bring this debate and this campaign back to the issues that are important," said the New York senator, who would be the first woman U.S. president.

How about our environment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_rJh9b4kW8&e

check this out:

http://www.lcv.org/voterguide/

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a better question: what was so great about Bill Clinton's presidency? Better yet, don't answer. It'll probably have something to do with the economy, which is bullshit, because a better economy means jack shit for Flint, MI and countless other places that industry has left to rot, while people like the Clintons stay rich, and for absolutely nothing other than being politicians.

Bill Clinton: another rich man's son. Nothing more.

The economy will certainly have effects on everyones future such as how much social secuirty and other benefits received. An ever growing national debt surely won't make future generations become prosperous. Sure I get what your saying about Flint but you also got to look at some other factors.

One other finanical indication of our nations overal economy. The Dow Jones went from 3300 to 10,800 (327% increase) when Clinton Was in office. With Bush it went from 10,800 to 12,200 (13% increase, which technically means we are negative if you just take 3% inflation a year) today.

I have a better question: what was so great about Bill Clinton's presidency? Better yet, don't answer. It'll probably have something to do with the economy, which is bullshit, because a better economy means jack shit for Flint, MI and countless other places that industry has left to rot, while people like the Clintons stay rich, and for absolutely nothing other than being politicians.

Bill Clinton=another rich man's son. Nothing more.

Bill Clinton grew up rich? I never knew that.

Agreed. My point has more to do with people like the Clintons and all high-end politicians being rich for no good reason while truly hard working people who really make a difference in the world are not only ignored but shat on. A statement on the political system as a whole. Capitalism over democracy.

people died for the right to vote in this country.....as corrupt as the political machine is these days, no way would I spit in the face of people who gave so much to secure these rights for you and I.

This country might look a lot different if everyone voted.

people died for the right to vote in this country.....as corrupt as the political machine is these days, no way would I spit in the face of people who gave so much to secure these rights for you and I.

amen to that!

I agree. People died for the right to vote. People also, unfortunately, died and still die for the crap we are going through now. People died so more people can die, for no damn reason. I think the spitting-in-faces isn't being done by me but by those who run the show. The right to petition is also a right people died for, and I am petitioning other Americans to make a difference by not voting at all, if only just to see what happens. If we can't all collectively vote, maybe we can all collectively not vote, either way a big change would be made, and that's what I'm talking about here.

DON'T VOTE!

I have a wild idea: if no one votes, what happens? Let's find out.

There ain't shit worth voting for anyway. Yes, I am a jaded youngster (24). The fact is that among the douche bags we have to choose from in the major parties, they have nothing new to say or offer. If they say anything radical or progressive, they either are lying or pandering for votes. Sure, Obama may say some high-falluting shit now, wait until he's under the gun in the Oval Office, and it will all spiral into the usual crap we've been dealing with for so long.

So don't vote. Please join me in my quest to expose the fraud that our political system is.

This is impossible and doesnt make sense.

Well, its also apparently impossible for everyone single citizen to vote, so why not go the the other way and see what happens? We all can agree that something needs to change, and many people feel the way I do, so why not flip the bird to all the people many of us agree don't deserve a frigging ounce of our attention?

Well, its also apparently impossible for everyone single citizen to vote, so why not go the the other way and see what happens? We all can agree that something needs to change, and many people feel the way I do, so why not flip the bird to all the people many of us agree don't deserve a frigging ounce of our attention?

Because it's a completely futile exercise. Someone's gonna vote.

I know. That sad part is, people had some guts in the past. If they felt screwed over, they organized and changed things. Nowadays, most people won't do a thing unless their TVs tell them to.

I'm trying to bring to light the idea that we can make a difference if we do it together, by voting, or not voting. But I'm surely not going to vote if no one deserves it. Since I've been able to vote, no one has deserved my vote, but I did it anyway out of some robotic reflex. No more.

Because regardless of how many votes there actually is cast, there still will be a winner. What will come of a low voting turn out? Nothing. The deliver of your message doesnt make work for me. What do you want to happen if there is no attention to our government? Anarchy?

I continue to believe that if the mass of Americans refused to earn or spend a dollar for a single day following a fishy election - no matter whose guy won - by the dawn's early light we would behold our country. But the likelihood of achieving that kind of solidarity brings us back to the subject of weeping.

Hot damn, that says it all! Thanks for posting that.

Because regardless of how many votes there actually is cast, there still will be a winner. What will come of a low voting turn out? Nothing. The deliver of your message doesnt make work for me. What do you want to happen if there is no attention to our government? Anarchy?

I think the point would be symbolic, to make a statement, send a message.

It could be argued that by continuing to vote for what amount to corporate candidates and in many ways, against your interests, you are granting your permission, your desire for more of the same....

What was wrong with Bill Clintons presidency??

What was wrong with it? Well republicans had come to believe that they owned the white house. Since 1968, prior tp Clinton only Carter served as a dem. Also the deregulation of radio and the rise of talk radio allowed the right to build up a huge strawman to take pot shots at...this is coming from a guy who never voted for Clinton or any democrat at anny level for any office prior to Bush being nominated.

i think that people should have to take a test for the right to vote, otherwise you might as well allow children to vote too - their parents will either sway their vote, or they'll choose the one that they think smiles the best - which is essentially what a lot of adults do (in the uk). taking a test to prove you have some understanding on what you're having a say in should be vital in picking the best government for the times, surely?

Lor' luv a duck! So yew are sayin' what is a rip-off? Know what I mean?

:lol that's even worse than dick van dyke in mary poppins!

I think the point would be symbolic, to make a statement, send a message.

It could be argued that by continuing to vote for what amount to corporate candidates and in many ways, against your interests, you are granting your permission, your desire for more of the same....

By not voting, you are also sending a message that you dont care about anything. It is not clear and doesnt solve anything. Sorry, but poor choice in making a statement. Instead of complaining about what you dont like, why dont you try to do something you do like.

i think that people should have to take a test for the right to vote, otherwise you might as well allow children to vote too - their parents will either sway their vote, or they'll choose the one that they think smiles the best - which is essentially what a lot of adults do (in the uk). taking a test to prove you have some understanding on what you're having a say in should be vital in picking the best government for the times, surely?

:lol that's even worse than dick van dyke in mary poppins!

It was the translator again. I don't think we can do the test thing - there is some bad history involving that here.

It was the translator again. I don't think we can do the test thing - there is some bad history involving that here.

Yes. Restricting voter access generally helps the Republicans.