Lets Hear it For Rock

Im am a avid suporter of sky blue sky as my previous rambling posts show....but i wonder are these guys fucking with us?

i just came across an a.m demo called Lets Hear it for Rock and it is the same song as lets not get carried away

aswell there is another demo which name eludes me but it is the same basic song structures as hate it here

Imposible Germany has been around since summerteeth and sky blue sky is basically far far away.

as jeff says in the shake it off dvd its just an album of a band playing some songs, so maybe there not fucking with us

nonetheless Ive decided to jump to the conclusion that this was a way of easying into a new band and that they will release a new album in 2008(with new songs)

p.s Sky Blue Sky is still the best album of the year and very experimental!

my mistake i forgot i was in someone else song(laughs)

In the pitchfork interview when SBS came out jeff said that by the time the album was released he had already finished a bunch of material

but i suspect that guy has hundreds of songs in his back pocket alot has changed since he became a poet and all

Oh yeah? OH YEAH?!?!? Well, well... maybe SBS doesn't like you either! Huh?

:dontgetit

And yeah, I'm ready for a new Wilco album too. :thumbup

See... SBS gave me a swirly halfway through Shake it Off...couldn't ever get into it after that.

the great thing about Wilco is no two albums sound alike...yay.

Guest Speed Racer
Is anyone aware of the original song that the hate it here riff comes from?

No, but the lyrics come from "You're Really Gone," written during Anodyne and performed at Martyr's May 16, 2003.

Guest Jesus Etc
I remember Jeff saying it's been around since YHF not Summeteeth, but they could never get it right until this lineup.

I'm not a musician but the riff in "Hate it Here" sounds a lot like "Birthday" to me. But, me opining on riffs would be like Mother Theresa teling you how to win at video poker.