Odd / funny / interesting news stories

Rock star Sammy Hagar’s alien visitations (I don't think this is exactly a new story though, as I recall reading something about him and this story a few years ago.)

Legendary rock star, Sammy Hagar, has had a successful solo career and was once the singer for the band Van Halen, however it’s possible he had some help reaching his stardom from the stars. Hagar claims that he has had multiple experiences with extraterrestrials who helped influence his music.

In an interview with Guitar World, Hagar told his story: “It’s been a long, long time, but back in about ‘68, in Fontana, California, I had this unbelievable experience that would take this whole interview to even go into… But I’m a firm believer — have seen, have felt, have been contacted three or four different times. I have received information that has been valuable in my life from those people, and they have used me. I’m gonna sound like a complete nut here, but they have used me in an experimental fashion. The easiest way to put it is that they downloaded my brain information. When I was about 19 or 20, they downloaded everything that was in my head. And I caught ‘em doin’ it! I woke up in the middle of the night, thinkin’, ‘What’s goin’ on?’ They were like, ‘Oh, my god, he’s waking up!’ But this was all telepathy — there were no words being spoken. And as soon as I woke up — it was probably three o’clock in the morning — my whole room was so bright that I could hardly keep my eyes open. I was wide-awake, I could not move, eyes open, white room, they were still disconnecting — and when they did, it just went bang! Everything went back to normal, back to black. I was shaking, I almost passed out, I was sick to my stomach and almost had to throw up, it was so scary…”

“It sent me on a course of curiosity. I bought a telescope, and I started reading UFO books, and I just got into the whole thing. And since then, there have been three or four other contacts with the same group of people. I don’t know who the **** they are, but I’ve narrowed them down to a people called the Nine, who are called that because they’re from the Ninth Dimension. I’ve named my publishing company the Nine Music after them. It’s a crazy thing, man. But to me, anyone who thinks we’re the only ones here, despite the vastness of the entire universe, is ****ing crazy. Those people gotta be put away — not the guys having these contacts!”

In a news interview Hagar further described the visit, “They didn’t come into my room. They were parked up on a hill behind the house about 12 miles away, and they were connecting into my brain.”

In his book, Alien Rock, Michael Luckman says that when pushed to describe the beings, Hagar said they were just pure energy.

The history of people chanelling a group called “The Nine” goes back possibly over 50 years. According to a story in the Fortean Times, it began with parapsychologist, Andrija Puharich. He brought an Indian mystic into his laboratory who began channeling The Nine. Puharich was also known for discovering the famous psychic Uri Geller, who supposedly also channeled The Nine. Eventually Puharich started a research organization called Lab Nine to find other channellers that were allegedly in contact with this group.

Over the years many famous people have had an interest in “The Nine”, including the creator of Star Trek, Gene Rodenberry, according to the Fortean Times article. Rodenberry had apparently written a script about their channelings, but it never made it into production.

Sammy Hagar isn’t kidding when he says he has had these contacts, and he also claims that there were no drugs involved with these contacts. So is his music influenced by ET? Luckman believes this may be the case for many of the world’s leading artists. If that’s true, there must be some great galactic jams in the cosmos, that hopefully humans will one day be able to take part in.

You Must Be at Least This Gay to Play Softball

Not gay enough - softball players sue

Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, April 22, 2010

(04-21) 21:04 PDT SAN FRANCISCO --

All Steven Apilado, LaRon Charles and Jon Russ wanted to do was to win the championship game at the Gay Softball World Series for their amateur San Francisco team.

Instead, they were marched one by one into a conference room at the tournament in suburban Seattle and asked about their "private sexual attractions and desires," and their team was stripped of its second-place finish after the men were determined to be "non-gay," they said in a lawsuit accusing a national gay sports organization of discrimination.

The suit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Seattle, pits the National Center for Lesbian Rights, a San Francisco group backing the men, against the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance, which prides itself on barring discrimination based on sexual orientation.

At issue is whether the gay sports alliance violated Washington state's public accommodations laws by enforcing a rule limiting to two the number of heterosexuals who can play on a team.

Apilado, Charles and Russ were members of D2, a team that was part of the San Francisco Gay Softball League. The squad made it to the championship game at the August 2008 tournament in Kent, Wash.

But another team, the Atlanta Mudcats, which had lost to D2 in a semifinal game, complained that the San Francisco team had too many straights.

D2 ultimately lost the championship to a team from Los Angeles. Afterward, Apilado, Charles and Russ were called separately into a conference room in front of 25 people for a hearing to determine whether they were heterosexual or gay, the suit said.

They were asked "very intrusive, sexual questions," including what their sexual interests and preferences were, Suzanne Thomas, a Seattle attorney for the plaintiffs, said Wednesday.

Charles, who was D2's manager, asked whether he could say he was bisexual and was told, "This is the Gay World Series, not the Bisexual World Series," the suit said.

According to Charles' Facebook profile, he is married to a woman.

In a statement, Charles said, "When you play softball, you never expect for anyone to corner you and ask you personal questions about who you are and what you do. It was emotional for me as a coach to go in there and not only get grilled, but watch my team be put in this situation."

The alliance ultimately determined that the three men were "non-gay" and that D2 had broken the rules. The alliance placed the San Francisco Gay Softball League on probation, "with the consequence that if a San Francisco team is found to have too many 'non-gay' players on its roster again," the league will be expelled, the suit said.

D2 has since disbanded, but the plaintiffs each want at least $75,000 in damages and their second-place standing reinstated, along with a team trophy.

Thomas said the men were essentially branded as "not gay enough."

"It engages in a whole series of stereotyping that somehow, gay men are less able players than straight men," the attorney said.

Beth Allen, an attorney for the alliance, said Wednesday that the suit has no merit and that none of the plaintiffs suffered any discrimination.

She said the San Francisco league's suggestion to remove the heterosexual limit is problematic.

"Presumably, if that were to occur, teams could be comprised of heterosexual players only," Allen said.

"This is not a bisexuals vs. gays issue," she said. "It's whether a private organization may say who may be a member of their organization. It's an issue of freedom of association."

Guest Speed Racer

You couldn't even begin to wrap your feeble minds around the girth of our scope. The vast majority of people experiencing disruptions because of the volcano eruption are heterosexual - do you think that's a coincidence?

I loved Archie comics as a kid, and my nieces and nephew still read them. In the few recent issues I've seen, Jughead is a lot more interested in girls than he used to be (which was, not at all). I'm wondering if there was some kind of backlash to that, that Jughead was always potentially gay, but since he's not anymore...?

I think it's less interesting when they make the whole issue about the kid being gay. Although, Archies have always been about sex, anyway, so I guess that's kind of the only way to go with this.

• 1 month later...

link

Student's bizarre attack on Hell's Angels

A German student created a major traffic jam in Bavaria when he 'mooned' a group of Hell's Angels, hurled a puppy at them and then escaped on a bulldozer.

The 26-year-old drove into the grounds of the motorcycle gang members' clubhouse north of Munich, according to reports in local media.

The young man, who was not identified, then dropped his pants, threw the puppy, and then fled.

After making his getaway, he stole the bulldozer from a nearby construction site, and attempted to drive it to Munich.

However, it was not fast enough, and his snail-like pace caused a three-mile traffic jam near the southern town of Allershausen.

He then fled to his home nearby where he was apprehended by the police.

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hell's Angels is currently unclear," said a spokesman for local police.

He added that the student had been suffering from depression. The puppy was now in safe hands at a local animal shelter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RV Dealer Challenges Twilight's Taylor Lautner to Push-Up Contest Following Lawsuit

We all know that Twilight's Taylor Lautner is in good shape -- he spends the majority of his screen time shirtless. I'm willing to bet the buff actor could do a whole lot of push-ups if it came down to it, and it might if an RV dealership owner has his way.

Brent McMahon, owner of McMahon's RVs in Irvine, California, has challenged the young actor to a "push-up contest" to settle their legal dispute. Lautner's lawyers filed a breach of contract lawsuit against the dealer, alleging they failed to deliver a $300,000 RV to be used as a dressing room on time. When it did arrive, Lautner's camp alleges that the agreed upon work hadn't been completed.

Lautner is seeking $40,000 in damages according to McMahon, who's offered the contest as an alternative and would make a donation to Children's Hospital of Orange County for the full amount if he won the contest. Needless to say, Lautner's lawyers weren't really happy with what McMahon claims was a "facetious response."

Team Lautner has suggested that if McMahon made the donation to a charity of their choosing, this whole thing might go away. The RV dealer has vowed to defend his reputation if the case does proceed to court.

While McMahon's motives are pretty transparent -- meaning this was a great opportunity for free publicity for his business even if Lautner passes on the challenge -- it seems as though both guys have their hearts in the right place by preferring the money involved go to charity. Here's to hoping they reach a settlement that does some good for people in need and stays out the court system. If they do go for the push-ups, my money is on Lautner. Place your bets below and please gamble responsibly.

~~~~I'm not sure why he needed an RV as a dressing room in the first place? Film productions should provide that, unless if he's working on a student film. If he needed a freakin' RV as a dressing room for something non film related instead of using a rest room then he's an idiot.

I wonder if Winnebago Man runs this dealership?

jack_rebney--300x300.jpg Vs. Taylor-Lautner-Shirtless.jpg

Why does this guy need a dressing room anyways? He spends 98.7 % of his time walking around shirtless. :yucky