What have you changed your mind about?

Nobody is denying global warming exists. It does, and has countless times througout the earth's history.

The question is what is causing it? There are a myriad of possibilities, but if you don't accept that human's are the one and only cause, you get lampooned.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is denying global warming exists. It does, and has countless times througout the earth's history.

The question is what is causing it? There are a myriad of possibilities, but if you don't accept that human's are the one and only cause, you get lampooned.

I

I think the global warming/climate change debate makes things too complicated for no reason. Why don't people just argue that pollution causes tons of crappy stuff to happen immediately. Forget about the future and what we can and can't predict. No one is going to argue that pollution is good. Talking about global warming gives people who want economic growth over a "green" society more of a foothold. in my opinion.

On topic: I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I changed my mind.

Well, I also agree that it is fucking stupid that the left and right can't agree on this and find alternative fuels.

The left has their whole green agenda, and the right wants to get us off foreign oil. Why the fuck can't they just get together regardless of the reasoning. They seem to just disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

But until both parties stop being the pawns of the oil companies, we'll never see real change in energy policy.

I used to think that whitey was inherently evil. Now I believe that although that may be true in general, it is not necessarily true in every case. :thumbup

I think the global warming/climate change debate makes things too complicated for no reason. Why don't people just argue that pollution causes tons of crappy stuff to happen immediately. Forget about the future and what we can and can't predict. No one is going to argue that pollution is good. Talking about global warming gives people who want economic growth over a "green" society more of a foothold. in my opinion.

The question isn't whether pollution is good but whether CO2 is pollution. If CO2 from burning fossil fuels isn't significantly influencing global warming, then it would be better to concentrate on other pollutants and not worry about CO2. I still think we should move away from oil to more sustainable energy sources. I just don't think it's the impending apocalypse if we don't do it immediately. Give the technology time.

most people are good, but more and more, i believe we are willfully ignorant.

i have totally changed my mind about christianity. don't claim it anymore and am at best and apathest when it comes to god.

good question.

craig

QUOTE (ZenLunatic @ Feb 6 2008, 01:51 PM)

"The fact is life is about being free and growing who you are, if it works out you can do that with one person your whole life, you are lucky. But if it doesnt, movin on is normal and natural. The time you spend with a person is all that matters."

The part quote above is fine, but has nothing to do with marriage.

It has everything to do with marriage.

most people are good, but more and more, i believe we are willfully ignorant.

i have totally changed my mind about christianity. don't claim it anymore and am at best and apathest when it comes to god.

good question.

craig

Yeah, I'm went through that too

I used to be a raging Athiest and argue with my family and old girlfriend etc......about how stupid it was all of the time. One day my girlfriend was like "Its super insulting that you laugh at my beliefs and lampoon them etc etc...."

Then I thought about buddhist monks and other religions that I wouldnt dream of laughing at or insulting and decided to give Christianity the same respect.

Its really a matter of respect IMO. People like my Mother really take good things from religion like forgiveness etc.....

I just dont comment at all anymore. I respect others beliefs. Its really easy if you look at it that way.

Now when people try to push religion in the public domain thats another matter.

I used to hate damn near everything the Velvet Underground ever did. I still do, as a matter of fact. But "Oh! Sweet Nuthin'" is at least as good as most people think all of their other crappy stuff is.

My friend, Craig, well, his wife, Mary Anne, is the daughter of Sterling Morrison, one of the bands founding members.....

......how is that for a sort of non sequitur?

I used to be a raging Athiest and argue with my family and old girlfriend etc......about how stupid it was all of the time. One day my girlfriend was like "Its super insulting that you laugh at my beliefs and lampoon them etc etc...."

Then I thought about buddhist monks and other religions that I wouldnt dream of laughing at or insulting and decided to give Christianity the same respect.

Its really a matter of respect IMO. People like my Mother really take good things from religion like forgiveness etc.....

I just dont comment at all anymore. I respect others beliefs. Its really easy if you look at it that way.

Now when people try to push religion in the public domain thats another matter.

excellent point. my growing edge is not being so damn sarcastic about christianity. gotta stop that one.

craig