What have you changed your mind about?

My whole point is I understand that it is, for many people, a religious thing, it is also for just as many, an economic thing. This is why I don't believe it is a strictly god-made institution (though, my personal belief system being that nothing is a god-made institution might have something to do with this, I admit.)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My whole point is I understand that it is, for many people, a religious thing, it is also for just as many, an economic thing. This is why I don't believe it is a strictly god-made institution (though, my personal belief system being that nothing is a god-made institution might have something to do with this, I admit.)

why do you hate the baby jesus and polar bears?

People were physically shorter back then, too. There were fewer discrepencies in height and so couples were able to feel more comfortable dancing, walking down the street, karaoke-ing, rollerbalding, etc. together than they are today. Less arguments=a closer bond=longer marriages. Think about it.

This was awesome. :thumbup

I've changed my mind about global warming. I think the "evidence" is too obfuscated by people with agendas. I think there is truth to it as well as hype to it.

I agree with this 100%. There is some warming going on with the earth, but I don't believe it's all because of man. Maybe man contributes a tiny percentage of this, but the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles. Hell, some even say that we could be heading into a small ice age.. The earth is 4.5 billion years old.. Mans existence is only a tiny blip in that period, so do you honestly think scientists and Al Gore have it all figured out? There's just not enough evidence and facts yet to convince me..

so do you honestly think scientists and Al Gore have it all figured out? There's just not enough evidence and facts yet to convince me..

Yeah, but his graphs on the movie were so pretty!

I agree with this 100%. There is some warming going on with the earth, but I don't believe it's all because of man. Maybe man contributes a tiny percentage of this, but the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles. Hell, some even say that we could be heading into a small ice age.. The earth is 4.5 billion years old.. Mans existence is only a tiny blip in that period, so do you honestly think scientists and Al Gore have it all figured out? There's just not enough evidence and facts yet to convince me..

Right. Maybe just a tiny bit. :lol

On topic:

I've changed my mind about getting a minor in Economics. Although I'd have to suffer through some awful math classes, I think it'd be worth it.

i've changed my mind about bananas. i thought they were nasty when i was a kid--going as far as vomiting upon the first bite.

i've also changed my mind about my job. it fucking sucks, as do the people who run my place of employment. they are shrewd, cheap people who lack the decency to communicate important things like meeting cancellations on dangerously snowy days...

Right. Maybe just a tiny bit. :lol

On topic:

I've changed my mind about getting a minor in Economics. Although I'd have to suffer through some awful math classes, I think it'd be worth it.

My biggest problem with GW is that once Al Gore made a movie about it, people became fucking adamant that it must be true. I distrust anyone who has no doubt on anything as complicated as GW.

I changed my mind about ikol. I didn't used to be much of a fan. Even though we agree on very little, though, there's something about that guy.

I've been a fan for a while. He's probably the smartest dude on this board.

I used to believe in sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster, but now I think they may well not exist.

My biggest problem with GW is that once Al Gore made a movie about it, people became fucking adamant that it must be true. I distrust anyone who has no doubt on anything as complicated as GW.

My biggest problem is that once Al Gore made a movie about it, people became fucking adamant that it must be false.

I used to believe in sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster, but now I think they may well not exist.

Driving for miles along side Loch Ness made a believer out of me. Any prehistoric sea serpent could have swum up from those ancient, mysterious depths and it would not have surprised me in the least.

Guest Speed Racer
My biggest problem is that once Al Gore made a movie about it, people became fucking adamant that it must be false.

People were already pretty adamant. I think that's where the 'inconvenient' part came in.

I've changed my mind about vegetables. Not a one I don't like anymore. Except water chestnuts - do they even count?

I've also changed my mind about people. Once I realized that pretty much all behavior is self-centered *, and that practically nothing anyone else does is actually about me, I became a lot less defensive and reactionary. Also try to be more cognizant about what's motivating my own actions. I like the way it feels so far.

[*] edited to add: not in the 'wouldn't aid someone in a burning house so that my nails don't break' self-centered, but the 'you just sighed - what did *I* do to make you sigh?' self-centered.

Well, that's where my point that anyone who displays any amount of certainty is suspicious is because it's a fucking confusing issue. There is way too much going on too be able to express any amount of certainty on this.

Well, that's where my point that anyone who displays any amount of certainty is suspicious is because it's a fucking confusing issue. There is way too much going on too be able to express any amount of certainty on this.

Agreed.