The Loft Whereabouts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now I'm pissed! I'm not a man! :realmad

Kidding. Yeah, don't take it as bashing. Some questions just get asked on a semi-regular basis, and that's one that's sort of got a standard set of replies you're going to get. Nobody meant it personally.

See you there. :wave

I am sorry it was not to designate gender just a feeling

but I would like to attend the pancake breakfast. I have had pizza with Nels at dipiazza's in Long Beach, Ca. before. he is a great dude. as well as Mike Watt.. it was a fun time ..

It's just something that does not go over well - as you can see:

I suppose you have to look at as - what if people showed up where you work or sleep - just to look around or whatever.

My favorite reply to the second locked thread by ction:

The Wilco loft isn't a physical space - it's a state of mind. When you're ready to find it, and I mean truly ready, you won't have to look...you'll already be there.

Great stuff! :rotfl

:P

but I would like to attend the pancake breakfast. I have had pizza with Nels at dipiazza's in Long Beach, Ca. before. he is a great dude. as well as Mike Watt.. it was a fun time ..

Nels' pancake breakfast isn't physical pancakes - they're a state of mind. When you're ready to eat pancakes, and I mean truly ready, you won't have to pour the syrup...you'll already be eating them.

Nels' pancake breakfast isn't physical pancakes - they're a state of mind. When you're ready to eat pancakes, and I mean truly ready, you won't have to pour the syrup...you'll already be eating them.

cool man cool

Haha Yes! :thumbup

I suppose you have to look at as - what if people showed up where you work or sleep - just to look around or whatever.

they do!

i live in downtown charleston, sc. if i go out to get the paper in the morning i best be dressed as there's bound to be a carriage full of tourists gawking at me. freaked my sister in law out when she house sat for us one time. but at least they're not ringing the doorbell.... wait a minute, there was this one couple who came by and their great great great grandad, or some such, built the house we reside in and they wanted a look see. we were on the way out the door and told them it'd have to be some other time. well, a year later they call and come over and we show them around and the husband proceeds to spill wine on our dining room table...

so i can see why they wouldn't want us average joes popping by the loft, spilling wine on their amps and taking pics of jeff in his undies.

so i can see why they wouldn't want us average joes popping by the loft, spilling wine on their amps and taking pics of jeff in his undies.

You realise you just gave some people all the MORE reason to find the loft...if only to be lucky enough to spot Jeff that way? :thumbup

When I lived on P Street in Georgetown the tourists came by my door every hour like it was Lion Country Safari or some shit :monkey

Anyone read Dylan's book? What a nightmare. People were making like global treks/pilgrimages to his house every single day. He said he was trying to take his kids to school and some hippie would be on his roof telling him he was God or something like that. I need to read that thing again. great book.

i do believe the loft's general location was mentioned in an article written by greg kot, or maybe in his book. or at least, he mentioned the nearest, decently-busy intersection. which, hint-hint, i pass everyday on the way to and from work.

After one of those other threads a while ago, and just after watching certain official DVD footage, as a 5 minute exercise I tried to locate the place. A first page search hit on Google and Google Earth had me zoomed in to the exact location, easily identifiable from the satellite pictures. Too late for them to do something about that even if they were bothered.

N.B. I have no interest in going there.

they do!

i live in downtown charleston, sc. if i go out to get the paper in the morning i best be dressed as there's bound to be a carriage full of tourists gawking at me. freaked my sister in law out when she house sat for us one time. but at least they're not ringing the doorbell.... wait a minute, there was this one couple who came by and their great great great grandad, or some such, built the house we reside in and they wanted a look see. we were on the way out the door and told them it'd have to be some other time. well, a year later they call and come over and we show them around and the husband proceeds to spill wine on our dining room table...

When people show up at my door unannounced, it is Billy Jack Time

Just do what I did.

1) Watch the SBS dvd.

2) Ascertain the name of a certain business shop as seen from the shots from the loft.

3) Google said business and find the address.

4) Drive to that location, look around, and it should be fairly obvious :)

I don't look at it as stalking. Heck, I traveled all the way to Ireland to stand outside the Windmill Lane studios of U2. Millions of people go and have their pictures taken in front of Abbey Road studios. It's just what fans do.

I had no intention of knocking on the door, or anything like that. Yes, it's true, if I had happened to see any of the band on the street, I would have probably asked to shake a hand or so, but this would be no different than if I met them walking down Clark St. or what have you.

I'm glad I did it. It was fun. I don't think there's anything particularly sinister or creepy about it.

I'm Pete, by the way. This is my first post after, well, years of reading!

Just do what I did.

1) Watch the SBS dvd.

2) Ascertain the name of a certain business shop as seen from the shots from the loft.

3) Google said business and find the address.

4) Drive to that location, look around, and it should be fairly obvious :)

I don't look at it as stalking. Heck, I traveled all the way to Ireland to stand outside the Windmill Lane studios of U2. Millions of people go and have their pictures taken in front of Abbey Road studios. It's just what fans do.

I had no intention of knocking on the door, or anything like that. Yes, it's true, if I had happened to see any of the band on the street, I would have probably asked to shake a hand or so, but this would be no different than if I met them walking down Clark St. or what have you.

I'm glad I did it. It was fun. I don't think there's anything particularly sinister or creepy about it.

Word.

I don't think that's terribly creepy. But I still don't think it's appropriate to post the address here on the board.

:wave Welcome to the merry world of posting!

What store is it in the SBS video?

Im just curious where this thing is located

Why? just out of curiosity now that I've seen this post, but definately not curious enough to do any cyber sluething.

Is it in Wicker Park/bucktown? maybe i'm living right by it and don't know.

I saw Jeff eating breakfast with his family a few years ago. I made eye contact, gave a little head nod of acknowledgement, got one in return and that was it. I dont think I would have anythign to say to him.

What store is it in the SBS video?

Im just curious where this thing is located

We're not going to post that here. Of course, you're welcome to figure it out for yourself.

Is it in Wicker Park/bucktown?

No.

Like Eliot Spitzer, they may find themselves drawn to my Che poster.