The Official Star Wars thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my son has watched that part more than once, and he's 4.. I'm a bad parent.. :ohwell

He's just obsessed with Star Wars right now.. What can I say..

That reminds me of when my nephew - who was five when Episode I was released and loved it - finally got to see EPISODE IV at home (still at 5 years old), and when Vader struck down Obi-Wan, his mom saw he was near tears and told him "Don't worry, it has a happy ending!", to which he replied "....how?"

good question. unfortunately, i think they may be the re-edits. ah well, i'm not THAT hardcore that i can't stomach any of that added in.

If they are like mine, they will have the re-edit versions as well as the original.. Some of the stuff they added for the re-edits is just ridiculous. Like the whole jabba scene in A New Hope.. Han Solo says "Jabba, you are a wonderful human being...".. If Jabba is a human being, he has some seriously f'd up decease...

But there are also some pretty clever things they added.. Like the statue of the Emperor being torn down at the end of Return of The Jedi.. And just the little things here and there.. But I much prefer to watch the originals.

lol exactly.. Yeah, the animation doesn't look the best, but it's still pretty darn cool. If it's anything like Genndy Tartakovsky's version, it'll be awesome. Have you seen those? Blew my mind..

they were awesome. for the real fans, much like ESB. i think when lucas gives direction to others, the results are better than when he is directing.

If they are like mine, they will have the re-edit versions as well as the original.. Some of the stuff they added for the re-edits is just ridiculous. Like the whole jabba scene in A New Hope.. Han Solo says "Jabba, you are a wonderful human being...".. If Jabba is a human being, he has some seriously f'd up decease...

But there are also some pretty clever things they added.. Like the statue of the Emperor being torn down at the end of Return of The Jedi.. And just the little things here and there.. But I much prefer to watch the originals.

actually rewatched these not too long ago. the extra mos eisly stuff is really out of place, but other things work, such as the new ending to Jedi. now if they would just go back and edit out the ewoks, touch up all light sabers, that would be cool.

c

i think when lucas gives direction to others, the results are better than when he is directing.

I agree 100%.. If I'm not mistaken, the only movie Lucas directed out of the original trilogy is the first one (A New Hope).. Yes, it's the classic that set the stage, but I think the other two movies are much better.

I agree 100%.. If I'm not mistaken, the only movie Lucas directed out of the original trilogy is the first one (A New Hope).. Yes, it's the classic that set the stage, but I think the other two movies are much better.

yeah, lucas directed IV which was really campy, but great. that's part of it's 70s charm etc. not to mention he had a great cast that had chemistry. ESB was awesome because lucas was only an executive producer and had someone else write the script. with jedi, he took more control which resulted in the ewoks, ahhhhhh! he finally listened to fans with III, but still the script was really rough in places and protman and ewin could not save those movies for all their talent.

c

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...