The Official Star Wars thread

I did my searching, and I didn't see a Star Wars thread, but forgive me if I missed a thread buried deep somewhere in VC..

Great news everyone. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...,1,468234.story

Now I can get my Star Wars fix once again. :)

First " Indiana Jones," and now "Star Wars" -- this summer is turning out to be the season of George Lucas.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars," a new stylized, computer-animated feature film, will open Aug. 15 in theaters and set the stage for a tie-in television series with the same name and mode of artwork that will begin airing as a 30-minute weekly series in the fall on the Cartoon Network and TNT.

The film and series will center on the wartime tales of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi and feature Padme Amidala, Mace Windu, Count Dooku and the other characters introduced in the second trilogy of live-action "Star Wars" films that began in 1999.

For casual fans trying to keep track of the timeline, this film and series would take place after the events of the 2002 movie "Attack of the Clones" and right before those in the grimmer 2005 installment "Revenge of the Sith," which shows Anakin succumbing to the dark side of the Force and donning the black cape of Darth Vader.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol exactly.. Yeah, the animation doesn't look the best, but it's still pretty darn cool. If it's anything like Genndy Tartakovsky's version, it'll be awesome. Have you seen those? Blew my mind..

they were incredible. this rehash, on the other hand, looks like crap.

Guest David Puddy

the original trilogy is classic, but the new trilogy really fucking pissed me off. i guess attack of the clones was alright. nonetheless, i'm tired of anything star wars other than the original trilogy.

the original trilogy is classic, but the new trilogy really fucking pissed me off. i guess attack of the clones was alright. nonetheless, i'm tired of anything star wars other than the original trilogy.

someone has put together all the good bits of the last 3 films into one piece on youtube. you can watch it here there isn't much dialogue in it; it's only 4.57 minutes long; and it's all from The Phantom Menace, but it is certainly the only good thing from them they could salvage.

i thought that the tv show they were going to do was going to be live action, or was that something else? (obviously with cgi too, as the man can't get his dick out of disc drive for long enough to see how shit it all looks, but with some real people in it none the less).

they already did this, with Genndy Tartakovsky and it was very good. I don't see the purpose of this, the computer animation looks terrible.

Yep. All SW productions, whatever their flaws, were always the best-looking things around when they came out. Even the first Clone Wars cartoons were among the more attractive on TV at the time. But this really looks like crap - like a video game trailer. I object, strenously.

i thought that the tv show they were going to do was going to be live action, or was that something else? (obviously with cgi too, as the man can't get his dick out of disc drive for long enough to see how shit it all looks, but with some real people in it none the less).

Yeah, I heard they were going to do a bunch of live action Star Wars shows about minor characters. They were suppose to be darker and not as childish, kind of like Firefly was.

Yeah, I heard they were going to do a bunch of live action Star Wars shows about minor characters. They were suppose to be darker and not as childish, kind of like Firefly was.

Heard that too.. I thought it was going to be based around droids and their stories.

the original trilogy is classic, but the new trilogy really fucking pissed me off. i guess attack of the clones was alright. nonetheless, I'm tired of anything star wars other than the original trilogy.

I agree that the new movies aren't half as good as the classics, but I still enjoyed them. I think they got better after each movie.. Episode 1 was alright, Episode 2 was better, and Episode 3 kicked ass.. I just thought it was neat to see the story of Anakin becoming Darth Vader depicted in a movie.. I read the books back in the 90's, and pretty much already knew how he became Darth Vader, but again, it was cool to see it depicted in the movie.

I don't know if calling Episode 3 "kick ass" is appropriate. I mean, sure, the story was good but Hayden's acting is terrible, the dialog was terrible, and it was far too based on CGI. Anakin and Padame's dialog was horrendous... "when we were alone on Naboo with nothing but our love!". Has George Lucas ever even been in a relationship???? I know Star Wars movies have never been known for their great dialog but it's like he gave up on Episode 3.

Oooh, here's where I read about the TV show.

i received the original trilogy DVD set for valentine's day today. i don't think i've watched them since i got the original trilogy on VHS a long time ago. excited.

Are these the re-edited versions or the originals?

My kid likes the newer movies just as much as the original ones. He hasn't seen Episode III yet though, because my wife is ascairt of letting him see a dude get his limbs chopped off and burned in lava.

Yeah, my son has watched that part more than once, and he's 4.. I'm a bad parent.. :ohwell

He's just obsessed with Star Wars right now.. What can I say..